Alerts India/User Documentation
This module is installed once Professional Pack is installed.
This module contains a set of reference data which populates the Business Events window.
This reference data can be applied either at Client level or at Organization level as explained here: India Alerts.
Content of the module
Once installed this module creates a new folder named "Alerts" under India Localization menu.
To check the contents of the Alerts sub-menu go to Financial Management -> India Localization -> Alerts.
Each of the items above is briefly explained below:
Depending on the type of business, an organization is required to perform some business or financial operations regularly.
These are called "Business Events".
After the alerts dataset is applied as explained above, this window is populated with common business events for Indian Taxation purposes. Additionally, the user can also create a new business event.
Once the Business Events are defined, the user can set reminders (alerts) to perform or execute them.
Events Calendar Creation process
This process creates a list of scheduled calendar entries for the Business Events defined above.
The end-user has just to enter the year for which the calendar entries need to be created. The date and the month of the calendar entries is picked up from the business event definition.
The calendar entries can be viewed in the "Event Calendar" window.
After the above process is executed, this window displays a list of the scheduled calendar entries for Business Events scheduled for a given fiscal calendar.
This is a read-only window.
Scheduled Alert Configuration
Once the business events are defined and scheduled, alerts can be set so that the user is reminded in advance to perform the required operation for that event.
Alerts can be set for a single event or a list of events.
User can also set the days in advance when an alert is required to be generated. Alert Configuration can be based on the user role, i.e. all the users under a particular role can receive Alerts.
The process of setting up and using Indian alerts is briefly described below:
- Configure the Fiscal Calendarof the organization.
- Check the list of Business Events and create any additional event that you might need for your organization.
- Execute the process Events Calendar Creation to schedule the list of business events for the specific Financial Year.
- Configure the alerts that remind about the business events, in the "Scheduled Alert Configuration" window.
Each window and process along with it's fields are explained in detail in the following sections.
This section explains the flow to configure Indian Alerts.
Setup Financial Year
Configure the Fiscal Calendar as per Indian Financial Accounting i.e. from March YYYY to April YYYY.
Setup Business Events
As per Indian Taxation Standards, organizations have to perform certain financial operations at pre-defined intervals (e.g. Monthly Payment of VAT).
There are two types of Business Events:
- Periodic Events : Events for which the frequency is predefined, i.e. occurrence of the event is either Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly or Yearly.
- For instance, the "Payment of Professional Tax" is a monthly event, that occurs on the 20th of every month.
- Aperiodic Events: Periodic Events that have exceptions in their occurrence, are called Aperiodic Events.
- For instance, the "Payment of TDS" is a monthly event. TDS returns have to be filed on the 7th of every month except for the month of April, when it has to be filed on the 30th. So this is an Aperiodic Event.
Alerts module provides a list of the most commonly used Business Events. To set up the Business Events or create a new Business Event follow these steps.
1. Login as the Administrator of the client.
2. Apply Alerts Dataset.
3. Go to Financial Management -> India Localization -> Alerts -> Business Events or just type "Business Events" in Quick Launch menu.
4. The window will display the list of common Business Events as shown below.
5. To create a new Periodic or Aperiodic Business Event, click on "New".
6. The fields for the new window are described below:
- Event Category: Category to which this Event belongs. For e.g. Service Tax payment , TDS payment etc. are different types of Event Categories.
- Entity Type : Entity Type of the organization for which this event is relevant. Blank indicates that the Event holds true for all types of organizations.
- Frequency : Occurrence or frequency of the event e.g. Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly and Yearly.
- Month of Period : Applicable for frequencies other than monthly. It indicates the starting month of the frequency.
E.g. if frequency is Quarterly, Day of Month is 10 and Month of Period is 3 then the Event will start from 10-06-YYYY instead of 10-04-YYYY.
- Day of Month : Event will occur on this day of the month
- Country : Applicable country
- Region : Applicable region
- Active : Indicates if this event is active and calendar entries should be generated.
If there are some exceptions in the occurrence of a business event, the user can use the Non-Periodic Event process button to generate Aperiodic events.
This process generates the schedule in the Aperiodic tab so the user can change the Month and the Day of Month of the business event.
For instance: the Payment of TDS is on 7th of every month except for April when it is 30th. So this is a Aperiodic Event.
- Select Is Non Periodic check box. Non Periodic Event Schedule button will appear.
- Click on this button. Schedule is generated in the Aperiodic tab.
- Change the entry for the exception occurrences. E.g. Entry for the month of April for Payment of TDS.
For Aperiodic Events, when Event Calendar Creation process is executed, it will pick up the schedule from this tab.
To set up the alert configuration, please follow the following steps:
1. Login as the Administrator of your client.
2. Go to Financial Management → India Localization → Alerts → Alert Configuration or just type "Alert Configuration " in the Quick Launch window.
3. Click on the New button to create Alert Configuration.
4. The fields are described below:
- Name : Name of the alert.
- Days in Advance No of days in advance when the alert will be shown.
- After saving the record, click on Generate Alert button. This will create Alert rule for this Configuration.
The "Role" Tab allows to add the User Roles for whom this alert will be generated.
The "Event Category" Tab allows to add the list of events for which the alert is going to be generated.
Now that the system is configured this section explains step by step how to use Indian Alerts.
Event calendar entries creation
The "Event Calendar Creation " process creates a list of calendar entries for scheduled Business Events based on their definition.
Please follow these steps to create Event Calendar Entries.
- Login as the Administrator of your client.
- Go to Financial Management → India Localization → Alerts → Event Calendar Creation or just type "Event Calendar Creation" in the Quick Launch window.
- Select a Financial Year and click OK.
- This action generates the calendar entries of the Business Events for the financial year.
To check the entries go to Financial Management → India Localization → Alerts → "Event Calendar" window or just type "Event Calendar" in the Quick Launch window.
Now that all the configuration and set-up is done, the alerts are generated
To check the Alerts follow these steps:
- Login as the Administrator of your client.
- Click on "Alerts" link.
- "Alert Management" window is displayed with the list of generated alerts.
A brief summary of the set-up required is described below:
- Business Events are active.
- Calendar Entries are generated for the Business Event(s)
- Alert Configuration is created. The "Roles" for which Alerts are going to be generated is added in the Role tab and the "Business Event Categories" for which alerts are going to be generated are added in the Event Category tab. After that Generate Alert button is clicked.
- Finally, the current Date needs to be greater than or equal to the Event Date minus the Days in Advance (both set up in the Alert Configuration window).