Assets India/User Documentation
This module is installed once the Professional Pack is installed.
Reference data is not required for this module, so no datasets are provided.
Content of the module
Once installed this module creates a new folder named "Assets" under India Localization menu.
To check the contents of the TDS sub-menu go to Financial Management -> India Localization ->Assets.
Fixed Assets Register
A fixed asset register is an accounting method used for major resources of a business.
Fixed assets are those such as land, machines, office equipment, buildings, patents, trademarks, copyrights, etc, held for the purpose of production of goods or rendering of services and not for the purpose of sale in the ordinary course of business.
Assets Register Report
Assets Register Report is used to generate the fixed assets register reports in different formats such as PDF, HTML, Excel
This kind of report includes
The following configuration needs to be done within Openbravo Assets application area to get Fixed Assets Register information.
Asset Group creation
To create Asset Group follow these steps:
- Go to Application -> Financial Management -> Assets -> Assets Group or just type "Assets Group" in the "Quick Launch" window.
- Asset Group or Asset Category window is used to define the type of asset or the category/group the asset belongs to, for instance "Office Equipment"
- As shown below a new record can be created by clicking the new button on the toolbar.
- Once the new record is opened fields like Organization, Name of the asset and Description of the asset can be filled in.
Note that if an Asset is created for the (* Organization), it will be available for all the organizations within the Client, otherwise it will only be available to the organization selected.
- Save the record and navigate to the "Accounting" tab to select the accounts to use while posting the depreciation (or amortization) to the ledger.
After creating the corresponding Asset Group, follow these steps to create Assets in the "Assets" window.
The Asset window is used to define and configure the Assets of an organizations as well as the depreciation type for that particular asset.
- Go to Application -> Financial Management -> Assets -> Assets or just type "Assets" in the Quick Launch window.
- A new record can be created by clicking on the new button on the toolbar.
- Once the new record is created fields like Organization, Search Key, Name of the asset, Asset Category (or Asset Group), Currency and Description of the asset can be entered.
- Note that if the 'Static' checkbox is checked the value of the asset will not reduce in time.
- If the 'Depreciate' checkbox is checked, various fields appear as shown in the screenshot below.
- The respective fields have to be entered appropriately as required.
- Save the record.
- Once the record is saved, the 'Create Amortization' button on the upper right side is clicked to generate the amortization plan based on the depreciation method selected and on the depreciation information entered.
- Once the amortization plan is created, the amortization plan lines created are shown in the 'Asset Amortization' tab.
Once the amortization plan is generated using the previous steps, the amortization window displays each amortization plan line linked to the amortization plan of a given period.
- Go to Application -> Financial Management -> Assets -> Amortization or just type "Amortization" in the the Quick Launch window.
- Click on a particular amortization plan and process it. This can be done by clicking the process button on the upper right side of the window as shown in the screenshot below.
- Once the process button is clicked it prompts for a confirmation to 'Post the Amortization' as shown in the screenshot below. Click OK button so that the amortization plan line is posted to the ledger.
Fixed Assets Register
The Fixed Asset Register window shows the assets created as described above as well as several depreciation amounts for each year in the lines tab.
To check Fixed Assets Register follow these steps:
- Go to Application -> Financial Management -> India Localization -> Assets -> Fixed Assets Register or just type "Fixed Assets Register" in the Quick Launch window.
This is a read-only window where assets and all its details are displayed. None of the fields in this window can be edited.
Assets Register Report
Asset Register Report shows the same data as Fixed Asset Register but in a report output format.
To launch the Assets Register Report follow these steps:
- Go to Application -> Financial Management -> India Localization -> Assets -> Assets Register Report or just type "Assets Register Report" in the Quick Launch window.
- When clicked on 'Assets Register Report' a pop-up appears with two fields
- ORG - to select the Organization for which the report is required.
- Output Type - to select the different output choices available. Those are PDF, HTML, Excel.
- Once the OK Button is clicked on the pop-up the report is generated and downloaded on to the system.
- The report will be generated in the required format as displayed below.