An attribute set can be defined by a single attribute or by a set of attributes to apply to specific products.
If an attribute set includes among others an attribute which is unique for each instance of the product, for example a lot number or a serial number,
this window is the the place to define which Lot Number Sequence or Serial Number Sequence must apply to get that unique attribute.
The steps to follow are:
- Creation of the Lot Number Sequence/s. To learn how visit Lot Number Sequence
- Creation of the Serial Number Sequence/s. To learn how visti Serial Number Sequence
- Set up the relationship between the previously created Lot/Serial Number Sequence/s and the Attribute Set, in the Attribute Set window.
To learn how keep reading this section.
Attribute Set window allows to create as many combination of attributes as required for defining products with few or multiple characteristics.
As shown in the imabe above an attribute set to be assigned to a specific product/s can contain:
- a Name of the attribute Set
- a brief Description if needed
- a Lot or unique identifier given to a particular quantity of that product.
If Lot flag is checked a new field named "Lot Control" is shown for you to select the Lot Number Sequence to follow by the products linked to that particular attribute set.
- a Serial No or a unique identifier given to each unit of the product.
If Serial No flag is checked a new field named "Serial No Control" is shown for you to select the Serial Number Sequence to follow by the products linked to that particular attribute set.
- an Expiration Date or date upon which product quality is guaranteed.
If Expiration Date flag is checked a new field named "Guaranteed Days" is shown for you to enter the number of days a product can be guaranteed.
- finally, the flag "Require At Least One Value" implies that at least one attribute set value will be required in product related transactions.
An attribute set can have a single or a set of attributes assigned.
As shown in the image above, an attribute set can have only one attribute, by example Color or as many attributes as required, by example Size, Lot Number and Serial Number.
The way to get that is just to select the previously created attributes in this tab.
You should take into account that:
- if one of the selected attributes is a "Lot" or a "Serial N?" type attribute, the corresponding Number Sequence must have been properly setup in the Attribute Set window.
Full list of Attribute Set window fields and their descriptions is available in the Attribute Set Screen Reference.