ERP 2.50:Automated Testing/GUIUnit
GUIUnit is the concept that guides the design of our automated integration tests.
It means that tests should:
- be independent of one another,
- perform only one action,
- load its preconditions by itself before execution,
- not affect the other tests or a new execution of itself.
Of course that this is an ideal that can't be met all of the time. But this is our base and we try to stick to it as much as possible.
And it is not possible for a integration test to perform only one action, but the idea is to execute only one significant action, that's the one being tested. For example, a GUIUnit test will just login, navigate to the specified window, execute and verify ONE action and then logout.
The benefits of GUIUnit tests are that we can:
- forget about the order of execution,
- execute all the tests (don’t stop after the first failure),
- launch fully parallelized executions,
- make use of advanced JUnit features, like categories, suites and assumptions.