Community Localization China
Welcome to the community edition wiki page of the Professional Localization for China (People's Republic of).
The community edition of the Chinese localization contains the following listed modules:
|Project Name||Module Name||Functionality||User Manual|
|China Localization - COA||Chinese Localization - COA||This module provides a chart of accounts as per Chinese Accounting Standards for small/medium companies.||Chart of Accounts|
|China Localization Translation (zh_CN)||Chinese Localization Translation||This module provides a Translation of Openbravo 3 in Mandarin Chinese, simplified Characters||Translation Pack China
|China Localization - Taxes Configuration||Chinese Localization Tax||This module sets up commonly used VAT Taxes Rates in China||Taxes Configuration China|
|China Localization - Regions||Chinese Localization Region||This module provides a list of all Chinese Provinces||Regions China|
|China Localization - Preference||Chinese Localization Preference||This module adds a preference to Openbravo so that CSV files containing Chinese Characters can be visualized in Excel once exported from the Grid view in Openbravo Windows||China Characters Preference|
The objective of this pack is to provide a basic set of features than make Openbravo integration easier. Those features are:
- Translation into Chinese Simplified (Traditional is yet to come)
- Chinese Chart of Accounts
- Chinese Provinces (as Regions)
- Most commonly used Tax rates configuration for China
The initial version of this pack is provided by System In Motion, a Gold partner and designated partner for China Localization in the Openbravo Professional Edition
Pack Installation Guide
The steps required to install the community version of the Localization for China as described below:
1. Enter the system with System Administrator Login.
2. Once under the System Admin login, go to General Setup -> Application -> Module Management as shown below, or just type "Module Management" in the Quick Launch.
3. Now we need to search for the community pack of the Chinese Localization, so click on 'Add modules' tab and write "Localization Pack China", and click on search.
Remember to properly configure the maturity status in the "Settings" tab, field "When searching for new modules, accept versions of the following status or higher", which should either be "QA Approved" or "Confirmed Stable".
4. Once the pack is found, click on "Install Now". This will display a window with the details of the modules included in the pack. Click on Continue.
Next, after accepting all license agreements, the system will inform about the modules that are going to be installed. Press OK.
5. Finally it is require to rebuild the system in order to reflect the changes properly. Click on "rebuild now".
The rebuild process will take time between 5 and 250 minutes, depending on the capabilities of your server.
When the process is completed a window confirms that the installation is completed successfully. Click on Continue.
Over the time different versions of the pack can be released to incorporate bug fixes, new features or new reference data.
The new versions of the pack will then be released on the Localization China project of the Openbravo Central Repository (Forge).
Following steps describe how to apply the pack update of the Community Localization Pack.
1. Login into the system under System Administrator login.
2. Go to General Setup -> Application -> Module Management.
3. Click on Scan For Updates to check if new versions are available.
Remember to properly configure the maturity status in the "Settings" tab, field "When doing scan for updates, accept versions of the following status or higher", which should either be "QA Approved"
or "Confirmed Stable".
4. System scans for the updates and shows a message with the <No of updates> available.
5. To apply the updates we have to click on "Install Updates Now". Updates of individual modules can also be applied by clicking on "Install Now" in the Description section of the module under Update.
6. When this process is complete, the system indicates that the updates have been applied. We need to recompile the system to apply the changes.
7. Rebuild the system by clicking on "Rebuild Now". This process will take some time.
8. Restart the servlet container. Click on "Continue".
Update Reference Data
If a new version of reference data such as "China Tax Configuration" is available, it will be needed to update that reference data by applying it to the same Organization it was initially applied.
The steps to follow are:
- Login as the Admin of the Client for which the reference data needs to be updated.
- Go to General Setup -> Enterprise Model -> Enterprise Module Management.
- Under Reference Data select "China Localization Tax" reference data, to be installed/applied to the Organization it was applied initially.
- Once the data is updated a "process successfully completed" message is displayed.
- Follow the same steps for rest of reference data, if applicable.
Community Localization Pack China Modules
Once the community pack is installed all the community modules/packs included in it are also installed.
This is the list of modules installed in that Pack :
- Translation Pack Chinese (China). This Pack translates the system into Chinese (simplified Characters). Once installed, the language is available in User Profile :
Note: Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) is not yet included in the Localization
- Rest of modules include Reference Datasets:
- Chart of accounts : This module includes a dataset which inserts an account tree and sets a General Ledger Configuration which can be used as a base for the accounting setup of a small/medium size company. This data requires to be inserted when creating a client by using the "Initial Client Setup" process or when creating an Organization by using the "Initial Organization Setup" process.
- Regions : This module includes a dataset which populates the Sub-Tab "Region" for the Country China. This dataset is automatically inserted when installing the Pack.
- Taxes : This module includes a dataset which inserts useful Tax Rates that can speed up the process of configuring Openbravo in China. Tax Rates needs to be manually inserted in an Organization before they can be used. The way to do that is either by running the Initial Organization Setup process while creating new organizations or by applying them in the Enterprise Module Management for existing organizations.
The China Localization Roadmap has the functionality planned and scheduled release dates.
Please put in your suggestions either on the Localization India Forum or in the discussions around the roadmap page.
Defects, design defects or new feature suggestions need to be reported through the Openbravo Bug Tracking system, "Openbravo Localizations" project, "Localization China" category.
Questions, comments or whatever other kind of input can be submitted through the Forum Localization China.
Wiki page translation is brought to you by System In Motion