Community Localization India
Welcome to the community edition wiki page of the professional localization for India.
The community edition of the Indian professional localization contains the following listed modules:
|Project Name||Module Name||Functionality||User Manual|
|India Localization Chart of Accounts||Chart of Accounts||This module provides a chart of accounts as per Indian Accounting Standards for small distribution companies.||Chart of Accounts India|
|India Localization Utils||Financial Utils|| This module provides a tool "FinancialEntityConverter" that helps to properly apply datasets such as the taxes configuration for India and the Financial Reports, which refer to ledger accounts.|
Besides, since the Indian Financial Calendar is from April YYYY - March YYYY, this module helps in Period Generation as per the Indian Financial Calendar.
|India Localization Taxes||Taxes||This module sets up the most commonly used Indian Tax rates.||Taxes Configuration India|
|India Localization Financial Reports||Financial Reports||This module allows the user to create accounting reports such as the Balance Sheet and the P&L based on Indian Government Schedules.||Financial Reports India|
|India Localization States||Indian States||This module provides a list of all the states and union territories in India.||States India|
The objective of this pack is to provide basic Indian features such as:
- Chart of Accounts
- Taxes configuration
- Financial Utilities
- and Financial Reports configuration
The initial version of this pack is provided by Promantia Global Consulting LLP, a certified partner and designated partner for India Localization in the Openbravo Professional Edition, but anyone interested is welcome to contribute.
If you wish to contribute, please get in touch with Priti Bhansali at email@example.com
Pack Installation Guide
The steps required to install the community version of the Localization for India are described below:
1. Enter the system with System Administrator Login.
2. Once under the System Admin login, go to General Setup -> Application -> Module Management as shown below, or just type "Module Management" in the Quick Launch.
3. Now we need to search for the community pack of the Indian Localization, so click on 'Add modules' tab and write "India Localisation", and click on search.
Remember to properly configure the maturity status in the "Settings" tab, field "When searching for new modules, accept versions of the following status or higher", which should either be "QA Approved" or "Confirmed Stable".
4. Once the pack is found, click on "Install Now". This will display a window with the details of the modules included in the pack. Click on Continue.
Next, after accepting all license agreements, the system will inform about the modules that are going to be installed. Press OK.
5. Finally it is require to rebuild the system in order to reflect the changes properly. Click on "rebuild now".
The rebuild process will take time between 5 and 250 minutes, depending on the capabilities of your server.
When the process is completed a window confirms that the installation is completed successfully. Click on Continue.
Over the time different versions of the pack can be released to incorporate bug fixes, new features or new reference data.
The new versions of the pack will then be released on the Central Repository.
Following steps describe how to apply the pack update of the Community Localization Pack.
1. Login into the system under System Administrator login.
2. Go to General Setup -> Application -> Module Management.
3. Click on Scan For Updates to check if new versions are available.
Remember to properly configure the maturity status in the "Settings" tab, field "When doing scan for updates, accept versions of the following status or higher", which should either be "QA Approved"
or "Confirmed Stable".
4. System scans for the updates and shows a message with the <No of updates> available.
5. To apply the updates we have to click on "Install Updates Now". Updates of individual modules can also be applied by clicking on "Install Now" in the Description section of the module under Update.
6. When this process is complete, the system indicates that the updates have been applied. We need to recompile the system to apply the changes.
7. Rebuild the system by clicking on "Rebuild Now". This process will take some time.
8. Restart the servlet container. Click on "Continue".
Community Localization Modules
Once the pack is installed all the community modules included are also installed.
This pack includes:
- a csv file for the Generic Chart of Accounts, see next section
- and some data that is included as "reference data":
- India Taxes, that is the taxes configuration for India which populates the Openbravo windows "Tax Rate", "Tax Category" and "Business Partner Tax Category".
- India Financial Reports, that is the configuration of financial reports such as the Balance Sheet and the Statement of Profit and Loss which populates the Openbravo window "Balance Sheet and P&L structure Setup"
- and the Indian States, which populates the Openbravo window "Country and Region", "Region" tab under India country.
Please note that this is a "System Admin" dataset as it applies to any Client/Organization. Therefore there is no need to apply this dataset as it gets automatically applied.
India Taxes and India Financial Reports require the Financial Converter Tool to be run before being applied.
Chart of Accounts
The Chart of Accounts included in the pack is provided as a starting point for organizations that do not have a chart of accounts, as the structuring as well as the account names used are based on revised Schedule VI to the Companies Act, 1956.
Indian Chart of Accounts (CoA) included in the community version of the India Localization can be applied:
- while creating new Client/s thought the "Initial Client Setup" process which can be run by entering in the system as "System Administrator" role.
This way the Chart of Accounts is available to all the Organizations created within that Client.
Note that it is always possible not to apply the Chart of Accounts to the Client but to each Organization created within that Client. See next point.
- while creating a new Organization ("Legal with Accounting" type for instance) thought the "Initial Organization Setup" process which can be run by entering in the system as "Client Admin" role.
This way the Chart of Accounts is available just for the Organization being created, and can be available for the organizations underneath.
The Indian Chart of Accounts module creates:
- an "Account Tree" which can be reviewed in the "Account Tree" window
- and it also creates and a defaulted "General Ledger Configuration".
Besides, the "General Accounts" such as "Income Summary" account and the "Default" accounts such as "Customer Receivables", "Tax Due" and "Tax Credit" are also provided and properly configured within
the General Ledger configuration window.
If the user wants to add more subaccounts within the account tree he can do so by adding them manually in the "Account Tree" window. Those subaccounts can be move up/down within the account tree as required.
After that the account tree can be exported by using the extension module Account Tree Export. This modules creates a csv file which can later on be imported and applied while creating new Clients/Organizations.
This module provides two major functionalities related to:
1. India Period Generation:
Indian Financial Calendar is from April YYYY - March YYYY. This module allows the user to generate Periods as per Indian Financial Calendar by using a new button named "Generate Periods for India" which is created in the Openbravo window "Fiscal Calendar".
2. and the need of a Financial Entity Converter tool
Along with providing the commonly used Tax Rates configuration, the Taxes module also provides the "Accounting" information for these Tax Rates.
Therefore, to import the "Accounting" information along with the corresponding "Tax Rates" configuration, we have to use the Financial Entity Converter tool.
Same goes with the Indian Financial Reports, as accounting information is also provided for those.
Therefore, before applying the reference data included in the community version of the India Localization, that is "Taxes" and "Financial Reports", it is required to perform the following steps:
- Login under the Administrator role of your client.
- Go to Financial Management -> India Localization -> Master Data -> Financial Entity Converter or just type "Financial Entity Converter" in the "Quick Launch".
- Select a "General Ledger" as per the Chart of Accounts applied in the previous section.
- Select (*) as "Organization" if you want that the datasets are available for all the organizations within the client.
This works whenever you applied the CoA at Client level, otherwise select a given organization.
- Select the Module as "India Localization - Taxes"
- Click OK.
- The system will display the success message that the datasets are updated.
- Now you can apply India Localization - Taxes reference data as explained in the next section.
Indian tax rates configuration can be reviewed in the Openbravo windows "Tax Rates" and "Tax Categories".
Accounting information can be reviewed in the tab "Accounting" of the "Tax Rate" window, as those ledger accounts are "Default" accounts imported from the accounting csv file.
- Repeat the same steps for the module "India Financial Reports".
Indian Financial Reports configuration can be reviewed in the Openbravo windows "Balance Sheet and P&L Structure Setup".
Accounting information can be reviewed in the tabs "Grouping Category" and "Node", as those are coming from the Account Tree generated from the accounting csv file (Chart of Accounts).
Default Tax Rates for India
Default tax rates configuration for India is included in this pack in the form of reference data.
Tax rates configuration can not be applied while creating new Clients/Organizations but to existing ones in the "Enterprise Module Management" window.
The reason why is because the "Financial Entity Converter" tool needs to be previously run as described in above section, as Indian tax rates configuration includes accounting configuration as per the applied Chart of Accounts. Therefore:
- if the Indian Chart of Accounts was applied while creating a new Client, that Chart of Accounts is available for all the Organizations within that Client. Same would apply to taxes configuration, because under this scenario it is possible to select (*) Organization while running the "Financial Entity Converter" tool.
- if the Indian Chart of Accounts was applied while creating a new Organization, that Chart of Accounts is only available for that Organization. Same would apply to taxes configuration, because under this scenario it is not possible to select (*) Organization but a given Organization.
The way to apply tax rates configuration to existing Organizations is explained below:
1. Navigate to "Enterprise Module Management" window.
2. If the Chart of Accounts was applied while creating the Client, select (*) Organization if you want that the tax rates configuration is available for all the organizations created within the Client, otherwise select the Organization for which you want the tax rates configuration to be applied.
3. If the Chart of Accounts was applied while creating an Organization, it will only be possible to select the tax rates configuration dataset for that Organization.
If the data is already applied through an earlier version of the pack, the update of the tax rates configuration reference data can also be performed through the Enterprise Module Management window.
Select the reference data by having into account the Organization which should be applied to once more and click OK.
The Indian States dataset is applied at the System Admin level since it is common across all the Clients and Organizations for India, therefore there is no need to manually applied it.
So once the pack is installed, the states are populated automatically in the "Country and Region" window, under the Country "India", "Region" tab.
India Financial Reports
The Financial Reports included in this module are a Balance Sheet and a P&L Reports, in the form of a "dataset".
Once applied this dataset populates the Openbravo window "Balance Sheet and P&L structure Setup".
It is important to remark that since "Accounting" information is also included in this dataset, the Financial Entity Converter needs to be executed previously for getting the Financial Reports dataset properly applied.
See section Financial Utils.
Update Reference Data
If a new version of reference data such as "Indian Tax Configuration", "Indian States" or "Indian Financial Reports, is available we need to update our reference data by applying it to the same Organization it was initially applied.
1. Login as the Admin of the Client for which the reference data needs to be updated.
2. Go to General Setup -> Enterprise Model -> Enterprise Module Management.
3. Under Reference Data select Taxes.
4. Once the data is updated, "process successfully completed" message is displayed. All the changes are listed below.
5. Follow the same steps for rest of reference data, if applicable.
Defects, design defects or new feature suggestions need to be reported through the Openbravo Bug Tracking system, "Openbravo Localizations" project, "Localization India" category.
Questions, comments or whatever other kind of input can be submitted through the Forum Localization India.
Additional Information on Indian Finances can be found here : Financial Configuration India