Process monitor feature allows to review the status of processes executed by a user as well as the ones scheduled in the process request window.
In other words, there are two types of processes which can be monitored in this window:
- transactional processes such as Generate Average Cost or Generate Invoices
- and background processes scheduled in the process request
In any case, only the users having a role which have access to a given process/processes will be able to monitor it/them in this window.
Besides and as already explained, "Security based on role" definition at process request level will allows to define the users which will be able to monitor a given background process in this window.
Process Monitor window shows read-only information about individual process execution.
As shown in the image above, process monitor window provides below information per each process executed:
- the Name
- the User who run the process
- the Start and End time
- the Duration
- the Status
- and the Chanel. The options available are:
- Direct for transactional process executed manually by the user
- Process Scheduler for background processed scheduled in the Process Request window.
Full list of Process Monitor window fields and their descriptions is available in the Process Monitor Screen Reference.