Represents anything that can be reserved, like assets, products or services.
A resource is defined by the necessity of making a reservation for consuming it. So, resources are different items than products or assets in the system.
3 types of resources can be defined in the system:
- Generic resource
- Asset resource (linked to assets)
- Service resource (linked to employees)
Represents anything that can be reserved, like assets, products or services.
Create a New Resource
Resources are created based on its type: Generic, asset or service.
- Create a Generic Resource: If the new resource does not represent to an asset or an employee, then it is considered as a generic resource type.
- Create a new resource linked to an asset: Resources can be created in the system linked to an existing asset. In this case, the asset resource type needs to be selected, and then the resource can be linked to a specific asset. Using this configuration, many resources can be linked to a single asset, or resources and assets can be linked one-by-one.
- Create a new resource linked to an employee: Resources can also be linked to existing Employees in the system are created selecting the service resource type. Then, a new “Employee” mandatory field is shown in the form for linking this resource to an existing employee.
- Organization: The organization to which this registry applies.
- Active: If this registry is active or not.
- Search key: Helps to easily identify a registry
- Name: Resource name.
- Description: Resource description.
- Resource type: There are three available types. Resource type controls the semantics of the registry.
- Generic: The standard resource type. It does not require linking the resource with other items in the system.
- Asset: When the type Asset is selected, the resource must be linked to an existing asset. An additional Asset field is shown.
- Service: When the type Service is selected, the resource needs to be linked to an existing Employee item in the system.
- Resource category: Resources are grouped into defined resources categories.
- Image: An image can be uploaded to the resource registry.
- Reservation calendar: Defines the reservation time slot granularity and unavailabilities. By default, hourly or daily reservations are allowed. Different Reservations Calendars can be defined in the system.
- Overlap allowed: A resource can be configured to allow reservations overlap.
- Product category: In order to be consumed in sales orders or contracts, a resource needs to be linked to a product category. Then, when a product is selected in a sales order line or in a contract invoice plan line, this resource will be available to be reserved in that sales document.
- Location / address: Indicates the situation of the resource.
- Capacity: Represents whether the resource has capacity. For example a Room has capacity, but a not a printer.
- UOM Unit of Measure for the capacity
- Default capacity (only for information purposes)
- Maximum capacity (only for information purposes)
- Resource Pack: It indicates if the resource can have pack members.
- Mutually Excluded Pack Members: It indicates if a reservation of any of the pack members will block also reservations in the other pack members.
- Pack Members tab: Resource pack members can be defined in this tab. A reservation of this resource will block all pack members, so no reservations will be allowed for the pack members in the same time lapse. A reservation in any of its pack members will block this resource, so no reservations will be allowed for this resource in the same time lapse.
Fields in this group allow to specify the rules for online reservations done through the portal. Room reservation widget can be also used from backend,and there these online rules aro not taken into consideration, so a backenduser can skip this limitations and make any change needed. From version 1.0.19 is also posible to edit reservations made in the past.
- Bookable online: This checkbox makes this resource available to be booked from the members portal.
- Product: When a reservation is made from members portal, a sales order is created in backend. Since this is a transparent process to the portal member, this product needs to be defined in the resource to enable the automatic creation of the sales order.
- Reservation controler: The reservation controller automates the creation of a sales order in backend when a reservation is made from the members portal. This elements also helps to extends the functionality. A basic reservation controller is provided by default, that automatically creates a sales order for every reservation made from the members portal widget.
- Resource Group: Resources can be grouped (i.e. "1st floor", etc...) in order to create a resource tree to be displayed in Room Reservation widget.
- Bookable by All Users: in case it's not checked, a new tab called Authorized Users for Reservation is displayed, where we can specify the list of allowed users to create reservations for this resource
- Allow Backdated Reservations: in case we want to allow users to reserve a resource in the past. It should be usually unchecked
- Allow Reservation Changes: if checked, a reservation can be modified by the user. In this case the system automatically deletes the previous reservation (and the associated sales order) and creates a new one.
- Time Ahead Before Changes (in Hours): when the resource allows reservation, we must enter the time ahead the reservation can be modified. For example, we can allow reservation changes but only one (1) hour before.
- Minimum Reservation Duration (in Hours): only reservations greater or equal than this amount will be allowed.
- Maximum Reservation Duration (in Hours): only reservation less or equal than this amount will be allowed.
- Multiple of Reservation Duration (in Hours): for example, if we enter 2 hours, only reservations with a length multiple of 2 will be allowed, i.e. 2 hours, 4, hours, 6 hours, etc. All these fields allow decimal expressions, like 0.5 to indicate “half an hour”.
- Reservation Extra Group: it links to a reservation extra group, which contains a set products that may be reserved by the user at the same time the resource is reserved.
- Reservation Discount: it links to 'discounts' rules that can be set in a Resource. The 'discounts' are set for a date/time interval.
This tab shows the reservation history for this resource. Reservations can not be created in this tab, being this a view showing all the reservations linked to this resource:
- Contract: The contract associated to this reservation. It is only filled in case the reservation has been directly done from the Contract window
- Name: reservation's name
- Description: reservation's description
- Start Time: reservation's start time
- End Time: reservation's end time
- Business Partner: the business partner that reserved the resource
- User/Contact: the user that reserved the resource
- Sales Order Line: a link to the sales order line associated to this reservation.
- All Day: flag to indicate whether the reservation was done for all the day.
Authorized Users for Reservations
Displays the users that can create reservations in the related resource. Only available when "Bookable by All Users" is not checked.
This tab is only shown in case the Bookable by All Users flag in the header is unchecked. Here we can specify the list of users allowed to reserve this resource:
- Organization: organization the user belongs to
- User/Contact: the user allowed to create a reservation for this resource
- Active: flag to indicate whether this record is active or not. In case it's not active, the user will not be able to create a reservation for this resource.
Full list of Resource window fields and their descriptions is available in the Resource Screen Reference.