A user is an entity which can log into Openbravo whenever it has a password and at least one role assigned to it.
As shown in the image above, Openbravo allows to sign in two ways:
- by entering a user name and a password previously created in Openbravo
- the user assigned to that user name wil be able to sign in only in case it has at least one user role assigned to it.
- and/or by using a google account. To learn more visit Google integration preferences and Google account association.
User window allows to create as many Openbravo users as required. Each person accessing Openbravo can have a different user assigned.
As shown in the image above a user can be created by entering below basic information:
- the User First and Last Name
- the "User Name" and the "Password" to use for logging into Openbravo
- and in the case of being an "Employee", the employee business partner record in the field "Business Partner", under "More Information" section.
- the "Expired Password" checkbox: if it is checked, the user's password will be set as expired and when the user logs in, he will be forced to change it.
Roles are the connection between users and access rights. Each user can have more than one role assigned, however a user can only log into Openbravo by using just one role.
For instance, it is possible to create and configure a role for Sales, a role for Finance, a role for Warehouse and another role for Procurement.
Those roles will have to be configured to allow access to either sales, finance, warehouse or procurement windows, processes and forms. To learn more about how to get that working visit Role.
Whenever, there is a new member in the organization a new user could be created and assigned to any of the existing roles instead of creating and configuring new users permissions every time.
There can be a user having a given role set up as "Role Administrator", that user will be able to add new users to that role.
This tab allows to save the user "OpenId" account if any.
An OpenID account allows to access to a given set of OpenID compatible web services by using that OpenId account.
Authorized Resources for Reservations
Displays the resources that can allow reservations for the current user. It only has effect if 'Resource' -> "Bookable by All Users" is not checked
Full list of User window fields and their descriptions is available in the User Screen Reference.