Do's and Don'ts
- Follow the standard Workflow.
- Don't commit to Test without test your development locally. Make sure that ant smartbuild ends successfully.
- Test the developments in the Test Environment before pushing to Production.
- Code Review the developments in order to improve quality.
- Modularize the developments.
- Have a person responsible for updating Production. No one should touch Production without the permission from this person.
- Don't change Core. Use modularity to change it.
- Don't update the Production Database manually. It creates inconsistent data and can break the application eventually.
- Don't copy code from one Environment to the other. Use Mercurial to update to the latest changes.