According to Wikipedia "Deep linking, on the World Wide Web, is making a hyperlink that points to a specific page or image on a website, instead of that website's main or home page. Such links are called deep links", in the case of Openbravo ERP is the way to link with a URL directly to an specific functionality, e.g. a Window/Tab, a Manual Form, etc. This link can be built and attach it in a email, or copy/paste it in a IM window, etc.
The Openbravo user interface makes it very easy to retrieve an url to a window, tab and specific record (in a child tab). See the icon in the top of the Openbravo window.
This icon can be clicked to create a direct link to a tab:
This example shows the direct link to the sales invoice header tab.
Structure of the URL
- http:// The protocol to access the application (can be https if is an SSL enabled instance)
- server The name or IP address of the server
- port The port to access (If configured with Apache Httpd in front of tomcat is not necessary)
- /obcontext The name of the Openbravo context (required)
- ?params The list of parameters to access an specific window or form.
More information of the structure of an URL
The following parameters are supported:
- tabId (mandatory) the id of the tab to which you want to link
- recordId the id of the record to be shown in the tab
- command the command parameter can be used to show the form in New mode, only one command is supported: NEW
- linking to a (grand-)child tab only makes sense when also a recordId (of the record to be shown in the child tab) is defined. This is needed to determine which parent record to load in the parent tab
- when the recordId parameter is used, the tab will always open in form mode
Here are some examples of hyperlinks:
- http://localhost:8080/openbravo/?tabId=263 link to the sales invoice header
- http://localhost:8080/openbravo/?tabId=263&recordId=FF808181304ACF4201304AE46E4B003E link to a specific sales invoice
- http://localhost:8080/openbravo/?tabId=270&recordId=00C1DB5F5AB241D2A574B8CEBF482F8F link to a specific sales invoice line
- http://localhost:8080/openbravo/?tabId=263&command=NEW opens the sales invoice header window in NEW mode