Developer Checklist for Store Server Developments
When developing for a multi-server environment it is important to take some extra aspects into account.
These aspects are summarized in this checklist, go through the complete checklist and check the related links to be informed before starting development.
- In a multi-server environment it is possible that a store is disconnected from the central server and vice versa. Read this section to understand the concepts.
- Do you want to create a webservice which should be installed on store and central server and operate also in offline and online modes (in different ways). If so read this document.
- Want to know if a store is online, if you are running in a store or central server, etc. check the mobile server controller api here.
- Do you want to call the central server from the store server, read this section.
- You are developing server side code which needs new tables or columns. Make sure that the data in the new tables/columns is replicated to all required servers. Read this document to understand how to configure this.
- Are you creating a webservice which will run both centrally and in the store, which creates new records in the store/central database. Then understand that the webservice maybe called twice, one on the store and once on the central server. This can happen in rare network instability cases. Your code should be robust and be able to handle this case.
- Remember that most multi-server and synchronized behavior is enabled only when specific preferences are set: multi-server enablement, store status handling, synchronized mode. See this page for more information.
- Are you adding a new table related to Business Partner and this table also needs to be synchronized to the store server. Then make sure to understand the concepts specified in this page and possibly add your new table to the list of tables to synchronize on a Business Partner change.