Every document in Openbravo can be numbered and therefore linked to a document sequence.
Openbravo "referece data" including the standard list of document types also include a standard list of document sequence linked to those documents which make sense to number.
"Standard" document sequences are listed in the document sequence window.
It is important to remark that:
- it is possible to change "standard" document sequences, for instance:
- the "AP Invoice" document type is created by default linked to a document sequence which is setup as Auto Numbering
- that sequence can be change by removing the Auto Numbering checkbox, which would imply that "AP Invoice" numbers will have to be manually entered according to the supplier's invoice number.
- Most common scenario is that different document types have different document sequences, however it is also possible that a set of different document types share the same document sequence in order to get the same consecutive numbering.
Document sequence window allows to define how document sequences are going to behave.
As shown in the image above a document number sequence can be set as "Auto Numbering" which means that the document linked to that sequence
will get a document number automatically generated by the sequence.
Morevover, it is also possible to define how the "Auto Numbering" type document sequence are going to behave in terms of:
- how numbering is going to be incremented by
- what is going to be the next number assigned
- if it requires a given prefix or suffix
Full list of Document Sequence window fields and their descriptions is available in the Document Sequence Screen Reference.