ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP17
Openbravo ERP 2.50MP17 available
Release date: May 14th, 2010
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo ERP. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Build Validations and Module Scripts: This feature will allow developers of modules to add an initial build validation which checks if some particular rule is fulfilled by the system, before starting the build. It will also allow developers to add module scripts, which are processes executed while the module is being built. If you want to know how to create a build validation or a module script, you can find more information here
- Tax Posting as Expense: This feature will allow end-user to post non-deductible tax as an expense in case of specific tax rates setup as non-deductible tax and also at Organization level for those organizations do not allow to deduct taxes at all due to Organization type/activity.
- Users are locked after X failed login tryouts: This feature will allow to block a user in case of x failed login tryouts. It is optional (and disabled by default) and can be configured through the Openbravo.properties.
- Log/report to show failure in login: Failed login attempts are now logged including the failure cause (incorrect user/password, limit concurrent users reached, etc.) and can be queried from the General Setup || Security || Session window.
- 13303: Display correct message when installing commercial modules in a community instance.
- 13284: It is now possible to upgrade from MP15 to a later core version using the MMC.
- 11996: The jasper report linked to MM Shipment/Receipt is not printed. Goods Receipts and Goods Shipments have a new report in the print option based in JasperReports and also it can be configured different reports for different shipment document types.
- 12458: It is now possible to cancel a payment with withholding.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP15, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at 13284 for detailed information about this issue. The workaround is create the directory "src-diagnostics" in the ERP source directory (source.path).
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
- If you are updating from a previous Maintenance Pack, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 13356 for detailed information about this issue. The way to avoid this issue is to verify all Document Types for Good Shipments or Good Receipts and verify that the length of the name is less than 44 characters. If you have a Document Type name longer, rename it to a shorter name before upgrading to 2.50MP17.
|Appliance||Source code tarball||Mercurial|
|QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Download||Clone (tag: 2.50MP17)|
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-0b2a007f (32 bit)
US: ami-9dc22bf4 (32 bit)
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo ERP release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo ERP from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo ERP Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Get more details on Openbravo ERP.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo ERP a huge success.