ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP24
Openbravo 2.50MP24 available
Release date: November 30th, 2010
Starting from this maintenance pack Openbravo stops shipping Community Appliances, Public Amazon EC2 AMIs and Source code tarball publication in SourceForge for Openbravo 2.50 release. All these deliverables are available for Openbravo 3.0, latest version of which Openbravo 3.0PR18Q3 is released. Now is the time to start focusing on Openbravo 3.0 for evaluation and new development.
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Printed document "Receipt" for Payment In and Payment Out: When payments are received it is customary to issue a "Receipt" document as a formal acknowledgement of having received the payment. This process is primarily relevant in the Payment In flow but sometimes used on the Payment Out as well (to notify the supplier that the payment has been made and to request their acknowledgement). This feature requires Advanced Payables and Receivables Management Module to be installed. For setting up this functionality please follow Configuration Manual.
- Module Merge Support: from now on a module version can declare that it merges another module. The system will take into account this declaration to solve dependencies, and in case of installing this new module version will remove from the instance the module merged into that.
- Check Local Modules Consistency: New ant task to detect inconsistencies in the dependencies of locally installed modules.
- 15165: If someone applies an update of a reference data of a module that contains sequences, the sequences are initialized
- 14825: Credit Memo journal entry is incorrect when APRM module enabled
- 15163: Voiding of the Invoice generates wrong accounting
- 15236: Not able to post the withdrawl/Deposit document from Financial account || Transactions tab
- 15178: Users shouldn't be able to apply a dataset if it hasn't changed
- A reference data item is present in Enterprise Module Management window, named Core, starting from MP19. It's very important that this dataset is not updated through Enterprise Module Management window. Click here for further information.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP15, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at 13284 for detailed information about this issue. The workaround is create the directory "src-diagnostics" in the Openbravo source directory (source.path).
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
- If you are updating from a previous Maintenance Pack, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 13356 for detailed information about this issue. The way to avoid this issue is to verify all Document Types for Good Shipments or Good Receipts and verify that the length of the name is less than 44 characters. If you have a Document Type name longer, rename it to a shorter name before upgrading to 2.50MP17.
|Clone (tag: 2.50MP24)|
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.