ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP31
Openbravo 2.50MP31 available
Release date: July 4th, 2011
Starting from 2.50 MP24 Openbravo stopped shipping Community Appliances, Public Amazon EC2 AMIs and Source code tarball publication in SourceForge for Openbravo 2.50 release. All these deliverables are available for Openbravo 3.0, latest version of which Openbravo 3.0PR22Q4.1 is released. Now is the time to start focusing on Openbravo 3.0 for evaluation and new development.
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Upgrade to Openbravo 3 through user interface. Upgrade path from Openbravo 2.50 to Openbravo 3 is now available! Upgrade process is initiated in the same way update is done, through Module Management Console in the application by clicking the Scan for Updates button. Then interface drives you through all the stages of the process till the final "Upgrade Completed" message.
Note 1. We would like to make upgrade possible for everybody so Openbravo 2.50MP31 maintenance pack is published as available for Openbravo Community Edition subscribers.
Note 2. Starting from 2.50MP31 upgrade path for the Openbravo stack is also implemented which depends on your deployment option (Openbravo appliance, Ubuntu installation, etc). Please refer to the Updates and Upgrade document for more details.
- 17805: A rebuild with local changes in database shows a message that is not clear.
- 17602: Change default log4j-configuration to include date+time instead of only date.
- 17333: Business Partners without 'Invoice to Address' does not appear in the Bank.dat.
- 17370: initial organization setup fails.
- 17425: Some reports can't be printed in PDF.
- 17208: It is not possible save a Project Line with Planned Price = 0.
- Updating from versions <2.50MP19 (2.50MP19 not included) to this version causes the process to fail. In case you are running a version lower that 2.50MP19 and you are planning to upgrade to 2.50MP31 follow these steps:
- Run the upgrade process as usual. It will fail in the middle of the process
- Go into the command line, change your current directory to the Openbravo source tree root directory and run ant update.database core.lib wad.lib trl.lib compile.complete.deploy
- Restart Tomcat.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP15, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at 13284 for detailed information about this issue. The workaround is create the directory "src-diagnostics" in the product source directory (source.path).
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
|Clone (tag: 2.50MP31)|
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.