ERP 2.50:Release Notes Template
Openbravo 2.50MPXY available
Release date: Month DDth, 2013
Starting from 2.50 MP24 Openbravo stopped shipping Community Appliances, Public Amazon EC2 AMIs and Source code tarball publication in SourceForge for Openbravo 2.50 release. All these deliverables are available for Openbravo 3.0, latest version of which Openbravo 3.0PR23Q2 is released. Openbravo 3.0 is the recommended release for evaluations, development and production.
Check out fixed issues in the latest Openbravo 2.50 maintenance pack. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Great Core Premium Feature 1: brief explanation of this feature.
- Great Core Feature 2: brief explanation of this feature.
- Great Core Feature 3: brief explanation of this feature.
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- Updating from versions <2.50MP19 (2.50MP19 not included) to this version causes the process to fail. In case you are running a version lower that 2.50MP19 and you are planning to upgrade to 2.50MPXY follow these steps:
- Run the upgrade process as usual. It will fail in the middle of the process
- Go into the command line, change your current directory to the Openbravo source tree root directory and run ant update.database core.lib wad.lib trl.lib compile.complete.deploy
- Restart Tomcat.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP15, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at 13284 for detailed information about this issue. The workaround is create the directory "src-diagnostics" in the product source directory (source.path).
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
|Current Openbravo version is Openbravo 3.0PR23Q2. Openbravo 2.50 is the old stable branch and it is not intended for new installations. For this reason the only Openbravo 2.50 deliverables are obx updates and the tag in the repository. There are no virtual appliances nor Ubuntu Openbravo package updates.|
|Clone (tag: 2.50MPXY)|
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
|2.50MPXY has been published in the QA Approved maturity level and it will reach the Confirmed Stable level in 40 days. Depending on how you updates configuration you will or not have access to this update. Read more about this feature and configure your Openbravo instance according to your needs.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.