ERP 2.50:User Manual/User Interface
English | Español | Italiano | 日本語 | Nederlands | 中文 | Translate this article...
In order to understand better the Openbravo User Interface it is important to know what is what in the application.
On the left of the screen the user can see the Menu, which can be hidden using the arrow
- The Menu is used for navigation. In the Menu the user will find all the windows, processes, and reports depending on the role used.
- The Menu contents depends on the user's role. For example, one user can have various roles and see different things with each. Users and roles are usually created and maintained by the client's Administrator. See more about the Menu
Entering the Menu and clicking on any selected window the following elements will appear on the top of the main frame (also known as the Work Area):
- Navigation Bar with breadcrumb and common actions used in all the application windows.
- Toolbar with unique buttons for all the application windows.
The part to the right from the Menu is called a Work Area, where, depending on the view mode the user either inputs data, performs transactions, views reports, or browses the records. See more about the Work Area
Modules are organized into folders in order to help the user to differentiate setup windows from the windows where real transactions are performed, or where data is analyzed.
Editable User Preferences
When you click on User Preferences a pop-up window appears which allows you to:
- See the current role information.
- Change the session options such as role, entity, organization, language you want to work with.
- Set your default session options .
- Change your password.
Close Application Button
With just one click of this icon you can close (logout) the application.
Fold and Unfold Buttons
With one click you can unfold the menu and, using the browser's CTRL+F Find feature, you can search for any element of the menu without needing to click through the whole menu.
An alert is a notification that informs or warns its recipients about a critical or very important situation that has arisen. With one click you can see and edit all your active alerts.
In the work area you can view and edit the data of all the selected elements of the application menu.
All the application windows can be displayed in two modes - edit mode and grid mode.
The edit mode window is used for editing individual records and performing transactions.
- If the editing record is an existing one, the icon displayed is
- If the editing record is a new one, the icon displayed is
Note: The disabled save buttons in the toolbar become enabled to indicate that some data within the window has changed. This is a useful reminder that the record needs to be saved before moving on to another one.
The grid mode window is used for browsing multiple records.
Keep in Mind:
- In grid mode you can sort by multiple columns. If you want to sort just click on the header of the corresponding column heading. For multiple column sorting hold the SHIFT key after selecting the first column while clicking on another one.
Special Status Modes
There are some special status modes
The "Menu Loading" screen is shown while the menu contents are being changed.
This could happen when:
- The application is being loaded for first time
- There is a change in the user options
The "Popup Loading" screen is shown while the popup contents are being loaded.
The "Window Processing" screen is shown while a process is being executed in the edition window
The "Popup Processing" screen is shown while a process is being executed in a popup
The Navigation Bar with breadcrumb and common actions used in all the application windows.
|Back||Go to the previous record.|
|Reload||Refresh the record you are working on.|
|About||View the information about your Openbravo version, licences, and translations.|
|Help||Go to the editable online help.|
What is a breadcrumb?
A navigable path allowing the users to keep track of their location in the application.
The Toolbar with unique buttons for all the application windows has the following functions, which depend on the entered window:
|New||Create a new record|
|Save and Grid||Save the current record and go to the relation view|
|Save and New||Save the record and go to a new record|
|Save and Next||Save the record and go to the next record|
|Save||Save the record and maintain the active record displayed|
|Erase||Erase the record|
|Undo||Refresh the window and revert changes|
|Go to First Record||Move to the first record in the related group|
|Go Back One Record||Move to the previous record in the related group|
|Go Forward One Record||Move to the next record in the related group|
|Go to Last Record||Move to the last record in the related group|
|Export to Excel||Export content to excel. Generate an Excel file with currently displayed items|
|Export to CSV||Export content to csv (comma separated values). file. Generate a CSV file with currently displayed items|
|Export to PDF||Export content to pdf. file. Generate a PDF file with currently displayed items|
|Order Records||Select field order on the tab|
|Show Filter||Show the filter records window|
|Find||Find a Record|
|Organize the Menu||Assign the place for the selected record in the tree structure of the menu|
|Attach a File||Attach a file to the active record|
|View Attached Documents||View the documents attached to the selected record|
|Print the selected record. Opens a PDF printout of the currently selected item(s)|
|Audit||Show/Hide audit information|
|Audit Trail||Open Audit Trail popup More|
The Tabsbar has two parts:
- The left side allows navigation of the hierarchy of the current element
- The right side shows:
- The window name
- If there is a callout process being executed in the background (while the Openbravo icon is spinning)
- If the grid data is being loaded (while the Openbravo icon is spinning)
Working Area Buttons
Through different editing windows, users have additional buttons which help in filling in forms, completing reports, etc.
User Messages are displayed centrally and their function is to inform or warn the user about some occurring situation in the application. There are four different types of user messages.
The linked items icon opens a window allowing users to see all records somehow related to the current record being viewed.