Openbravo 3.0 RC2 available
Release date: September 17th, 2010
Openbravo 3.0 RC2 is the second release candidate of the 3.0 series.
This release delivers a fully functional 3.0 distribution intended for:
- Production usage by early adopters in new implementations.
Release candidates are incomplete versions of 3.0, delivering a subset of the 3.0 road map. New functionality has been thoroughly tested but should be considered not yet proven.
Early adopters interested in deploying Openbravo 3.0 RC2 for new implementation projects:
- Are recommended to thoroughly test planned business processes before deploying release into a production environment.
- Should be prepared for both UI and functional changes in subsequent releases; future 3.0 release candidates will provide improvements in usability and system operation but will require users of 3.0 RC2 upgrading to those releases to be able to absorb significant changes.
Check out what's new, the known issues and frequently asked questions about the next release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Early Releases Discussion forum.
- Requisition and Budget to Analysis flows are added to the pre-configured roles definitions. Thus all 3.0 functional flows are available.
- Advanced Payables and Receivables 3.0.5 is included in the distribution. With this version Openbravo 3.0 RC2 supports the following new features:
- Manual and automatic payments execution.
- Refund to customer.
- Blocking of payment plans once they are added as draft mode in a payment proposal.
- Fixes for significant number of reported issues.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: new keyboard shortcuts have been added to the new layout components to allow alternative, easy access to them without using a mouse. This also lays the groundwork for customizing those shortcuts in an instance in a later version. An overview of the available shortcuts can be found here.
- Updates from Openbravo 3.0 RC2 to subsequent versions are supported.
- Openbravo 3.0 RC2 is available in both appliance format and as a source code tarball, allowing custom installations of the product.
- UI Technology: Starting from this version all modules related to the new UI Technology are published in the central repository. A module of type pack called Openbravo 3.0 Framework which does include all the necessary individually modules: Navigationbar Components, Client Application, User Interface Selector, Datasource Service, Smartclient, JSON REST Webservice, Freemarker, Client Kernel, Seam Integration
Check the complete list of the new functionality in the Openbravo development roadmap (already available features are marked with a delivered sign ).
- Upgrade path from Openbravo 2.50 to Openbravo 3.0 RC2 is not supported. We plan to make it available with 3.0 RC4 (January 2011).
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 RC2. At the time of launch, only modules published by Openbravo as part of the Spanish Professional Localization Pack - both Community and Professional - and Initial Data Load are available for 3.0 RC2. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
|Appliance||Source code tarball|
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-0a95bf7e (32 bit)
US: ami-cedb2ea7 (32 bit)
We have set up an online demo so that it's easier for you to test this preview 3.0RC2 release. Use Openbravo as the username and openbravo as the password (it's case sensitive). Check it out!
- To set up the Appliance of this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide. Note that even if the guide is written for the 2.50 version it is also valid for this 3.0RC2 release.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Detailed information about overall Openbravo 3.0 release progress is available in Openbravo 3.0 Release Status document.
- Openbravo 3.0 Documentation.
- Openbravo 3.0 Template Forge Project.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Related blog posts:
- Announcing Openbravo 3.0 RC2.
- Packaging Openbravo 3.0 as a distribution.
- Public Status Report for 3.0.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.