Openbravo 3.0 RC3 available
Release date: November 30th, 2010
Openbravo 3.0 RC3 is the third release candidate of the 3.0 series.
This release delivers a fully functional 3.0 distribution intended for:
- Production usage by early adopters in new implementations.
Release candidates are incomplete versions of 3.0, delivering a subset of the 3.0 road map. New functionality has been thoroughly tested but should be considered not yet proven.
Early adopters interested in deploying Openbravo 3.0 RC3 for new implementation projects:
- Are recommended to thoroughly test planned business processes before deploying release into a production environment.
- Should be prepared for both UI and functional changes in subsequent releases; future 3.0 release candidates will provide improvements in usability and system operation but will require users of 3.0 RC3 upgrading to those releases to be able to absorb significant changes.
Check out what's new, the known issues and frequently asked questions about the next release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Early Releases Discussion forum.
- My Openbravo: workspace that provides a portal-like dashboard to Openbravo users. With My Openbravo you can make Openbravo your primary workspace from which you can start all of your work activities, either in the ERP or in other other systems. It comes with three preconfigured widgets (Openbravo News, Forge and Events) and much more are coming...
- Pop-ups replaced by modal windows: Openbravo 3.0 aims to address all usability issues existing in previous versions. In RC3 most visible pop-ups (Instance purpose and Hearbeat setting, module installation wizard, ...) are replaced by modal application windows to avoid the problem with browser popup blockers and to ensure that the flows are executed in the proper sequence.
- New Login page: Openbravo 3.0 comes with a new look&feel starting from the login page. It has been improved so messages to the user (eg. invalid user/password) are provided within the page. It supports extended configuration.
- New 3.0 skin: New styling that renders 2.50 classic windows with the new 3.0 look and feel.
- New Payment Report with advanced filtering options.
- Printed document "Receipt" for Payment In and Payment Out: When payments are received it is customary to issue a "Receipt" document as a formal acknowledgement of having received the payment. This process is primarily relevant in the Payment In flow but sometimes used on the Payment Out as well (to notify the supplier that the payment has been made and to request their acknowledgement). For setting up this functionality please follow Configuration Manual.
- Advanced Payables and Receivables 3.0.9 is included in the distribution. With this version Openbravo 3.0 RC3 supports the following new features:
- Reconciliation flow review:
- Flow has been cleaned up.
- Partial reconciliation is now allowed. It is possible to process a reconciliation against a bank statement where already exist unmatched bank statement lines.
- Reconciliation report has been improved.
- Fixes for significant number of reported issues.
- Reconciliation flow review:
- Module Merge Support: from now on a module version can declare that it merges another module. The system will take into account this declaration to solve dependencies, and in case of installing this new module version will remove from the instance the module merged into that.
- Check Local Modules Consistency: New ant task to detect inconsistencies in the dependencies of locally installed modules.
- Extended Security settings: now it is possible to explicitily declare for a role if it can admin the client in which it is declared, or the organization to which it is assigned, as well as for a user to admin the role she is granted. These setting are used to admin My Openbravo, preferences, views and others.
Check the complete list of the new functionality in the Openbravo development roadmap (already available features are marked with a delivered sign ).
- Upgrade path from Openbravo 2.50 to Openbravo 3.0 RC3 is not supported. We plan to make it available with 3.0 RC4 (January 2011).
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 RC3. At the time of launch, only modules published by Openbravo as part of the Spanish Professional Localization Pack - both Community and Professional - and Initial Data Load are available for 3.0 RC3. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
|Appliance||Source code tarball|
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-a9dde8dd (32 bit)
US: ami-86d721ef (32 bit)
We have set up an online demo so that it's easier for you to test this preview 3.0 RC3 release. Use Openbravo as the username and openbravo as the password (it's case sensitive). Check it out!
- To set up the Appliance of this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide. Note that even if the guide is written for the 2.50 version it is also valid for this 3.0 RC3 release.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Detailed information about overall Openbravo 3.0 release progress is available in Openbravo 3.0 Release Status document.
- Openbravo 3.0 Documentation.
- Openbravo 3.0 Template Forge Project.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Related blog posts:
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.