Openbravo 3.0 RC5 available
Release date: March 22nd, 2011
This release delivers a fully functional 3.0 distribution intended for:
- Production usage by early adopters in new implementations.
Release candidates are incomplete versions of 3.0, delivering a subset of the 3.0 road map. New functionality has been thoroughly tested but should be considered not yet proven.
Early adopters interested in deploying Openbravo 3.0 RC5 for new implementation projects are recommended to thoroughly test planned business processes before deploying release into a production environment.
Check out what's new, the known issues and frequently asked questions about the next release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Early Releases Discussion forum.
- Filter by Date ranges: filtering dates in the Openbravo 3 RC4 grid was limited to filter by a specific date. Now it is possible to filter by date ranges with a number of built-in options to choose the dates from and to: today, yesterday, current day of last month, N quarters ago, etc.
- Document links: new feature available in the toolbar of all Openbravo windows to get a link (url) that points to that specific document/record. That link can be place in the browser location or in the quick launcher to directly navigate to that document/record.
- Product selector is empty in the Sales / Purchase Invoice. By default it applies warehouse filter which it should not. If you open Product selector window and remove filtering by the warehouse products appear and you can continue operation.
- 16022: Reconciliation window: null pointer exception.
- Translation modules are not applied properly for some parts of the application (for example, for the workspace).
- 15994: Is not possible to customize currency precisions. Now the dataset 'Masterdata' is only applied on the initial database creation and it is never updated in the database on subsequent module updates.
- 16329: Export.database doesn't update structure checksum. Now a update.database following any export.database does not fail always with a 'database has local changes' warning.
- 16334: Using PostgreSQL database: Having a module installed with a PL function, it is not possible to update this module if it changes that function's signature.
- 16167: Using Oracle database: After enabling, Heartbeat window is not working in Classic mode
Check the complete list of the new functionality in the Openbravo development roadmap (already available features are marked with a delivered sign ).
Check the complete list of fixed issues
- Appliance: when installing modules the Module Management Console reports local changes in the database and it fails. This is a false positive and it will be fixed as an emergency update. As a workaround you can run "ant smartbuild -Dlocal=no" from the command line. From that moment on the false positive will go away. See 16422
- When using a date format different from the standard, windows with @#Date@ defaults do not work. See 16392
- Filter does not work properly when only one result is found. See 16420
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Upgrade path from Openbravo 2.50 to Openbravo 3.0 RC5 is not supported. We plan to make it available with 2.50 MP29.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 RC5 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
|Appliance||Mercurial||Source code tarball|
|QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Clone (tag: 3.0RC5)||Download|
Amazon EC2 AMIs (32bit)
Europe (eu-west-1): ami-a75e69d3
US east coast (us-east-1): ami-9a6694f3
US west coast (us-west-1): ami-e50350a0
Asia Pacific (ap-southeast-1): ami-18c8b64a
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 RC5 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
To set up the Appliance of this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide. Note that even if the guide is written for the 2.50 version it is also valid for this 3.0 RC5 release.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Detailed information about overall Openbravo 3.0 release progress is available in Openbravo 3.0 Release Status document.
- Openbravo 3.0 Documentation.
- Openbravo 3.0 Template Forge Project.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Related blog posts:
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.