Openbravo 3.0 RC6 available
Release date: April 21st, 2011
Openbravo 3.0 RC6 is the sixth release candidate of the 3.0 series.
This release delivers a fully functional 3.0 distribution intended for:
- Production usage by early adopters in new implementations.
Release candidates are incomplete versions of 3.0, delivering a subset of the 3.0 road map. New functionality has been thoroughly tested but should be considered not yet proven.
Early adopters interested in deploying Openbravo 3.0 RC6 for new implementation projects are recommended to thoroughly test planned business processes before deploying release into a production environment.
Check out what's new, the known issues and frequently asked questions about the next release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Early Releases Discussion forum.
- Notes: it adds a section in all forms that allows to include comments for any record.
- Redesigned Alerts Window: experience new way Openbravo can notify you and you can manage all events you need to be aware of (such as overdue sales invoices or products under minimum stock level).
Openbravo 3.0 RC6 focus is stabilization. There are about 100 issues fixed in this release with a special focus on performance improvements.
- 16558: Cannot enter a sales order.
- 16460: Several buttons don't work across the ERP.
- 15009: Session timeout does not work.
- 16175: According to law, Reversed Invoices should follow its own DocumentSequence.
- 16177: the accouting of payment is wrong with multicurrency.
Check the complete list of the new functionality in the Openbravo development roadmap (already available features are marked with a delivered sign ).
Check the complete list of fixed issues
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Upgrade path from Openbravo 2.50 to Openbravo 3.0 RC6 is not supported. We plan to make it available with 2.50 MP28.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 RC6 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
|Appliance||Mercurial||Source code tarball|
|QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Clone (tag: 3.0RC6)||Download|
Amazon EC2 AMIs (32bit)
Europe (eu-west-1): ami-c5a790b1
US east coast (us-east-1): ami-be3ac6d7
US west coast (us-west-1): ami-377f2c72
Asia Pacific (ap-southeast-1): ami-90740dc2
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 RC6 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
To set up the Appliance of this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide. Note that even if the guide is written for the 2.50 version it is also valid for this 3.0 RC6 release.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Detailed information about overall Openbravo 3.0 release progress is available in Openbravo 3.0 Release Status document.
- Openbravo 3.0 Documentation.
- Openbravo 3.0 Template Forge Project.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Related blog posts:
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We would like to specially mention Valery Lezhebokov, an active community member, who contributed Notes functionality to Openbravo.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.