ERP 2.50:Configuration Manual/Accounting reports
This section explains how to set up the reports to monitor the financial status of your enterprise.
Balance sheet reports
There are two types of balance sheet reports:
- The periodic balance sheet shows the change in balance between two selected dates, along with a comparison between that date range and the same date range from a previous period.
- The point-in-time balance sheet shows the opening balance, changes in balance and closing balance for a specified period along with a comparison between that date range and the same date range from a previous period.
Setting up the balance sheet
- From the Application menu, select Financial Management > Accounting > Analysis Tools > Balance Sheet and P&L Structure Setup.
- Click New
- From the Organization list, select the organization for which you want to create the balance sheet.
- Select the Balanced checkbox to include only those organizations whose accounts must be balanced.
- From the Account Schema list, select the account schema you want to use for the balance sheet.
- In the Name field, give the report a name.
- In the Description type a brief description of the report function and purpose.
- From the Report Type list, select Periodic or Point in time. Note: if you do not specify a report type, the default type is periodic.
Generating the balance sheet / P&L report
- From the Application menu, select Financial Management > Accounting > Analysis Tools > Balance Sheet and P&L Structure
- From the Account Schema list, select the account schema you want to use for the report.
- From the Accounting Report list, select the report structure you want to use. The list is populated with the reports that you set up in the Balance Sheet and P&L Structure Setup window.
- From the Organization menu, select the organization whose accounts you want to report on. Only organizations of a valid organization type are available for selection.
- From the Account Level menu, select the level of detail you want the report to show. You can choose from:
- In the Year field, specify the year you want to report on. If required you can specify a date range using the From Date and To Date fields.
- In the Reference Year field, specify the reference year used for comparison with the current reporting year. If required you can specify a reference date range using the From Reference Date and To Reference Date fields.
- Click PDF Format to process the report and display it as a PDF document.
ERP 2.50:Configuration Manual/Setting up accounting | ERP 2.50:Configuration Manual/Setting up taxes