ERP 2.50:Configure a New Entity
English | Translate this article...
The way of creating an entity is by running the "Initial client setup" process. The reason why is because there are many processes to be executed in order to create an entity properly.
Create an entity
- Log into Openbravo as Openbravo/openbravo(user name/password) with the System Administration role
- Go to General Setup → Client → Initial Client Setup
The main fields of this form are:
- Client: The name for the new client.
- Client username: The username that is created with the Admin role and System Administration role.
- Confirm Password
- Currency: Here you can choose the currency for the new entity.
- Include Accounting: if this checkbox is selected either an accounting file or an accounting reference data must be selected.
- Accounting file : The acconting file defines the accounting schema for the client. There are some predefined files for different countries you can download from our download section.
If the account needed is not available, check the on-going localization efforts for different countries.
- Reference Data: to be selected as required
- Optional fields: These fields define the data that will be stored to be used at the dimensional analysis.
In our example the following values are used:
- Client: Test_Client
- Client Username: Test_ClientAdmin
- Currency: Euro
- Include Accounting : Yes
- Accounting file : AccountsESOpenbravo_v2_OB235_v3.csv
- Reference Data : "Standard document types for orders, invoices, etc. and settings- Core - English (USA)
- Optional fields: Check "Business Partner", "Product" and "Project"
Once the form is filled, click on the OK button.
Now log into Openbravo with the created user and role.
To test that the "Accounting Schema" import has been correct:
- Go to Financial Management → Accounting → Setup → Accounting Schema
- Move to Defaults tab and make sure the accounts have been imported