ERP 2.50:Functional Documentation/Finding Your Way Around
Each Openbravo ERP instance has a web address that you need to type in or access through a bookmark.
The login screen then appears for you to type in your credentials the default login is:
- Username: Openbravo
- Password: openbravo
The main screen is divided into two areas:
- Editing Window
The options you see on the menu depend on your default role. In Openbravo ERP, each user account can have more than one role associated with it. And each role can be allowed access to different parts of the system. In practice however, one username is usually associated with one role.
If your username has more than one role associated with it, you can switch roles by clicking on the
Users icon or using the keyboard shortcut ctrl+u.
When you change roles, the menu reloads to show the parts of the system available to that role.
The options that appear on the menu depend on your role and the permissions that have been granted to that role. The Admin role has maximum privileges and has permissions to see nearly all of the system.
In the example data, the Admin account is called BigBazaarAdmin.
Each menu item represents a module of the system, for example Sales Management, Material Requirement, Planning, etc.
Most menu item usually have three sublevels:
- Transactions: items (windows, processes, etc.) used on a daily basis to input data
- Analysis Tools: a set of preconfigured reports.
- Setup: a set of items (windows, processes, etc.) used to configure the module before Transactions and Analysis Tools items can be used.
You can configure the menu to suit your needs.
The lowest level contains a number of different icons:
- Automatic Window : these windows all use the same user interface of tabs and fields. They are defined on a metadata level within the application dictionary so there is no coding required.
- Workflow : a popup window that puts selected items into a sequence and suggests a sequence of steps to perform a task. Any element described above can appear as part of a workflow.
- Information : a popup window that enables you to quickly look up or browse information about certain master data such as Business Partners, Products, etc. The icons are only part of the Information menu.
Searching for an item
To search for an item:
- Click on the Fold/Unfold button .
- Press 'ctrl+F and enter the search term.
- Click the Fold/Unfold button again to collapse the menu.
High volume window
Most of the windows you use have a similar look and feel providing the same interface for various functionalities.
The following example shows how
NEEDS MORE CLARIFICATIONS
After entering and confirming the search, the editing window will show you the first product.
Forms vs grid view
There are two ways you can view data:
It is similar to an Excel spread sheet, but it can not be edited. Double clicking on an item in Grid View will display it in the Form View.
Use the form view to create, view and edit detailed information of an item.
The navigation bar appears at the top of each window, and contains the following icons:
Toolbar in form view
Below the navigation bar is the dynamic toolbar, which contains the following icons:
Toolbar in Grid View
The Toolbar differs slightly in grid view.
Creating and editing data
Editing an existing item
When viewing an existing item in Form View, you can start changing it directly within the input boxes. You will notice that some of the toolbar icons will become active (not gray).
After you make the changes. you need to save them before moving to another tab or window. You will be notified of by a popup.
Remember to save your changes, using the save button or the ctrl+s keyboard shortcut.
Creating a new item
To create a new item, click the new icon or use the ctrl+n keyboard shortcut. This will open a new and empty item in Form View that allows you to enter new data. Save the date as shown above.
Note: be careful that you do not edit an existing record instead of creating a new one. Always click the new icon or use the ctrl+n shortcut when you want to start a new record.
Creation of a new item is also indicated by the little yellow asterisk next to the Form View toggle button .
Some fields in the Application Dictionary are marked as mandatory, meaning that a value is required before you can save the record.
Mandatory fields have a yellow background instead of a white one.
If you try to save a record without filling out all mandatory fields, a red box appears, showing an error message.
You can not edit the information in a read-only field. A read only field has a gray background instead of a white one.
Autosave system level
Instead of saving manually the system administrator can also enable the autosave functionality.
Autosave is enabled by default.
Go to: General > Application > Preferences
The Autosave can be set up to prompt a confirmation window to the user, to avoid unwanted changes.
The system administrator can activate the confirmation window by searching for the Show Confirmation Default attribute and activating it.
Autosave client level
The administrator of a Client can overwrite the 'system level setup by creating a preference for that Client called Autosave.
Go to: General Setup > Application > Preferences
The administrator can also overwrite the ShowConfirmation at the Client level setup by creating a ShowConfirmation record for the Client.
The administrator can also setup exceptions for the whole Client or for certain windows and/or users.
Once the ShowConfirmationDefault or ShowConfirmation has been enabled, you will see an alert when navigating out of a form with unsaved changes.
You can then save the changes or ignore them.
In a form with mandatory fields, you will receive an alert if you have not filled in all the mandatory fields.
Emailing and printing documents
In order to email documents you must do the following:
- Configure the smtp server (General Setup > Client > Email Configuration)
- Fill out the Business Partner contact email field (Master Data Management > Business Partner >Contact)
- Fill out the user email information (Master Data Management > Security > User)
- As an option, you can also define a template for each document type (Financial Management > Accounting > Setup > Document type > Report Templates > Email Defenitions)
This setup will allow you to email single or multiple documents, attach files and send pdfs.
You can also use templates for printing documents.