ERP 2.50:Migration from 2.40 to Professional Appliance
This document explains the process of migrating an Openbravo ERP installation from the Openbravo Network SMB Network One 2.40 Appliance to the 2.50 Professional Appliance.
There are three clearly marked steps:
- Upgrade Openbravo ERP inside the Openbravo Network SMB Network One Appliance from 2.40 to 2.50.
- Migrate from 2.50 Oracle to 2.50 PostgreSQL.
- Migrate from 2.50 PostgreSQL to 2.50 Professional Appliance
Upgrading Openbravo ERP to version 2.50
The first step is the one that requires the highest attention. Depending on the level of customizations this step will require more or less work. The high-level steps to be performed in this process are the following ones:
- Upgrade the database and detect the customized files.
- Do the required changes in the custom code to adapt it to 2.50.
- Adapt the customizations in modules.
- Preserve user interfaces translations in case there are different languages in use and exist manual code to be translated.
Follow these instructions to do this upgrade process. And come back to the next point of this document to continue.
Migration to PostgreSQL
The 2.50 Professional Appliance runs with PostgreSQL only. So it is required to migrate to PostgreSQL first.
Follow these instructions to do this migration process to PostgreSQL. And come back to the next point of this document to continue.
Migration to Professional Appliance 2.50
One Openbravo ERP is migrated to 2.50 and with PostgreSQL as the database server, it is ready to be migrated to the Professional Appliance 2.50.
Follow these instructions to do this migration process to PostgreSQL.
One this step is completed the entire migration process is finished.