ERP 2.50:Professional Appliance Disaster Recovery
|This document refers to outdated appliances based on rPath and is most likely not what you are looking for.|
Recovering ERP from a disaster is a simple process so that it can be done in simple way as described in this article.To know more about our ERP.The Professional subscription can be downloaded here and the manual to install is here. This wiki helps you to restore,recover the ERP from several disater .For example , if we updated or modified something that lead to disaster like some example explained below.In 2.50 professional appliance it may be categorised as two parts as:
- Appliance Stack
So below we can have a brief look of three types of Disaster from ERP and Appliance stack.
Note: We need a administration setup so that we can access below steps as per our requirement.
This is due to first part of ERP some damage occurs and recovering backup as below:
- The ERP is updated internally and operating system is not used.
- It uses a mechanism that is implemented in the ERP itself.
- Additionally, the appliance has the ability to run scheduled backups.
- This backups is a full backup of the ERP.
- It can be seen in administrative user interface as shown in picture.
It happens in the second part that is due to Appliance some disaster happened.It can be explained better with the example as"If we updated something in the appliance (e.g. apache httpd), but we are not happy with the update, we don't want it."
- In these cases there's a window that allows rolling back an update very easily.
- May be of any case we don't need the latest stack update so we can revert back to previous version.
- So once finished with Administration setup we have specified the entitlement key we can have this window to check with update and rollback to previous update.
It also happens in the second part that is due to Appliance any disaster happened.For Example,if a total system or server crashes? how we can recover it? through following steps:
- Disaster can be recoverd as here.
- User must have had run a backup before the ERP update.
- Install the Professional appliance in a new machine.
- Restore the backup in new machine.