ERP 2.50:QA test plan 2.50/Attachment icon
In the toolbar there is an icon to attach documents to a record. This icon should be different if the record has any documents attached.
Aim of the project
The project changes the attachment icon in the toolbar in real-time depending on the existence of attachments for the current record. The item is updated when one of the following actions happen:
- When a page is loaded in form view
- In grid view when a record is select
- When an attachment is attached or deleted to/from a record, in grid and form view
For this test execution, it will be necessary to have Openbravo ERP with the attachmenticon branch active.
In order to test this module, the sampledata coming with the ERP is sufficient.
As the changes affect all generated windows in a similar way, it is sufficient to pick one window and test the new functionality with it.
The selected window for this test is the product window:
- Master Data Management || Product
As there are three different actions which triggers an update of the attachment icon it is necessary to test all of these action.
- Open the product window in form view.
- Check that the attachment icon shows no attachments (no attachments in sampledata).
- Click the attachment icon (the popup for managing attachments opens).
- Click the add button, select a file to attach to the entry and click save.
- The file should appear in the list of attachments and the icon in the main-window (showing the product) should change to show that an attachment is present for this record.
- Close the attachment management popup.
- Using the previous and next record buttons in the form view, check that the attachment icon changes when navigating to the record with the attachment and away from it.
- Go to the Grid-View.
- Scroll the marker for the current selected record through the products and check if the attachment icon is updated when arriving at the record with the attachment and leaving it.
- Mark the record with the attachment and press the attachment icon (The attachment management popup opens).
- Mark the attachment and delete it.
- The attachment icon should be updated directly showing that no attachment is present anymore for this record.