ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50
What is Openbravo ERP 2.50
Featuring an exciting new modular architecture, usability improvements and broader functional coverage, Openbravo ERP 2.50 is the latest release of the leading open source ERP solution.
Currently Openbravo ERP 2.50 is published in production ready status, which means that:
- This release is for ready for general usage, including evaluation and production.
- We recommend new implementation projects to start with this release
- We recommend existing production deployments to upgrade to this release.
- An upgrade path is available from earlier releases to 2.50.
Technical Architecture Enhancements
- 0126: Modularity - You can now develop extensions as modules that can be deployed optionally and independently on top of Openbravo ERP. Examples of modules are: additional reports, additional windows, connectors, content packs (list of tax codes, product categories, etc).
Users deploy modules similarly to how they are used to install browser plugins: they can browse a catalog of modules, install, deploy and upgrade them directly from the Openbravo administration UI; they are also be able to easily uninstall modules.
Developers can now package and deliver their extensions independently from the rest of the Openbravo files, meaning that are able to package modules with a delivery mechanism that only includes files and metadata that they are responsible for.
Finally, the author of a module can indicate which versions of Openbravo are compatible with it and which other modules, if any, it depends on. The installation of a module validates that these dependencies are met.
- 4109: UUID - This capability replaces the previous sequence based primary keys with a new system that uses Universally Unique Identifiers (UUID). Doing so guarantees that every database object has an unique identifier regardless the environment it was created in and facilitates distributed development and the reuse of database components.
- 5049: Data access Layer (DAL) - leveraging Hibernate, this capability provides a Java abstraction layer on top of the relational data model as well as centralized data access and persistence.
DAL can provide many benefits to Openbravo developers,including:
- A very productive tool to write Java-based business logic and extensions on top of Openbravo ERP;
- A full layer of restful web services that allow to manipulate 100% of the Openbravo ERP transactions;
- A way to develop custom user interfaces decoupled from the product back end leveraging either Java or any SOA enabled technology.
- 4147: Background process management - Leveraging Quartz, this project provides a much more robust infrastructure to schedule automatic jobs as well as the ability to invoke any Openbravo process from external systems through web services
- 4402: Right to left support - Right to left languages are now fully supported
- 5546: JNDI service for DB - You can now configure Openbravo database connections using JNDI.
- 6178: Translating Openbravo without rebuilding - Adding a new language is now much easier and does not require a system rebuild.
- 6788: Build Tasks - Smart build process simplifies developers' task and increases their productivity.
- 0422: Autosave (Centralized Control Changes) - You can now control how Openbravo handles saving pending record changes upon navigation. Two modes are supported: with Autosave enabled, changes are automatically saved when you navigate away from the record; with Autosave disablee, the system prompts you to explicitly save your changes. You can choose the mode of operation as a preference by globally, by user, by window, or by a combination of user and window.
- 4170: Dynamic Alert Icon - The status of the alert icon now changes dynamically to show the presence of user alerts.
- 4171: Attachment Status Icon - The attachment icon now changes to show the presence of attachments to a transaction without the need to drill down.
- 4144: Enhanced Multi-Organization Support - You can now model complex organizations in Openbravo and classify each organization as either a legal entity, a business unit or a lowel level department.
This feature also provides a more flexible and secure period control that enables both centralized and decentralized business opertations.
- 4118: Improved outbound document printing and emailing - You can now associate different templates to your printed documents and, in addition to print them, you can now email you documents in PDF format to your business partners and record the sent document as an attachment to the transaction for audit purposes.
- 4169: Simple production accounting - You can now properly account for material movements such as issues to and receipts from manufacturing.
- 4563: Project tracking enhancement - You can now track your project start and end dates and compare them to their contractual commitments.
- 4322: Complete and process imported orders - You can now import orders from external systems directly in completed status, without the need to manually complete them and process them within Openbravo ERP.
- 2997: Create Element Value Operands as part of Initial Client Setup - This feature streamlines the Initial Client Setup by loading a complete chart of accounts which includes operands.
- 452: Feedback when de-activating Taxes and Price Lists - This feature displays a message informing users deactivating taxes and price lists if there are any dependent and active children that could cause configuration inconsistencies.
- 4286: Using in-transit account instead of internal account when payments are remitted to the bank.
- 4290: Display account value (number) in account tree
- 5718: GL Items support in bank statement - Users are now allowed to pay or collect a GL item without having to create a manual settlement. The corresponding accounting is handled automatically.
- 5693: Payment split in Create From Bank - Now we can propose an amount from selected payments when creating lines from. A settlement is automatically fulfilled.
- 5695: Advance payments in bank statement - You can now registered advanced payments directly in a bank statement.
- 6140: Modify Create Lines From - This feature permits to edit both quantities, attributes and bins of each of the lines that are copied from an order to a good receipt.
- 4505: Project Progress Report - Using this new report you can monitor the completion progress of your projects.
- 2181: Currency handling in non accounting reports - All the non accounting reports have been revised to properly handle multi-currency listings. This includes:
- Inside Procurement Management:
- Purchase Dimensional Report
- Material Receipts Dimensional Report
- Purchase Invoice Dimensional Report
- Purchase Order Report
- Vendor Invoice Report
- Inside Warehouse Management:
- Shipper Report
- Valued Stock Report
- Invoice Consignment Report
- Report Pareto Product
- Inside Production Management:
- Standard Costs Report
- Production Cost Report
- Inside Sales Management:
- Sales Dimensional Report
- Shipments Dimensional Report
- Discount Invoice Report
- Sales Order Returns Dimensional Report
- Sales Order Report
- Invoiced Sales Order Report
- Orders Awaiting Invoice Report
- Delivered Sales Order Report
- Invoice Detail Report
- Customer Invoice Report
- Sales Invoice Dimensional Report
- Sales Report by Partner and Product
- In Project & Service Management:
- Project Profitability
- Service Project Report
- Expense Report
- Inside Procurement Management:
- 4110: Accounting reports review - All the accounting reports have been revised to validate their usability and functionality, including:
- Bank Report
- Cash Report
- Cashflow Forecast
- Payment Report
- Payment Aging Balance
- Invoice Taxes Report
- Payment Tracker
- Balance sheet and P&L structure
- Trial Balance Report
- General Ledger Report
- General Ledger Journal
- Not Posted Transaction Report
- User Defined Accounting Report
- Tax Report
- Withholding Report
- Cash Flow Statement
- Balance sheet and P&L structure Setup
- User Defined Accounting Report Setup
- Tax Report Setup
- Generate Cash Flow Statement
- Accounting Transaction Details
- 550: Material Transaction Report: this report now provides a clear labeling for shipments and receipts
- 4269: Tax Report: this report now lists the provider invoice number
- 4843: Performance Review - The whole application has been revised to support higher data volumes and user load.
- 6139: CSS Sprites: Openbravo ERP now support image sprites that lower the number of HTTP requests needed to load a page and therefore improve network efficiency and performance over high latency networks.
- 4162: Update all external libraries to latest version. See library auditing project.
- 0417: Support the latest version of iReport. See library auditing project.
- 4141: Upgrade to the latest version of Dojo
- 0583: Review all the .xsql that has insert or update statements
- 4129: Eliminate Frames
Check the complete changelog list for further details.
Browser Configuration for Usage with JasperReports
Openbravo ERP 2.50 leverages JasperReports to generate high quality reports. In order to properly print reports, the following browser configuration is recommended.
Internet Explorer: In the Tools menu, click Internet Options and select the Advanced tab. Under Settings, scroll down until you find the Printing category. Make sure Print background colors and images is checked, and then click OK.
Firefox & SeaMonkey: In the File menu, click Page Setup. In the Format & Options tab, under Options, select Print background (colors & images). Click OK.
Chart of Accounts and Translation Files
Openbravo ERP 2.50 is compatible with chart of account and translation files created for version 2.35 and 2.40 and those files can be safely used with 2.40.
Openbravo would like to thank the following members of our community who contributed additional functionality to the project:
|Business Momentum||- for contributing the much improved outbound document printing and emailing capabilities|
|Kenzo and Associates Co.||- for contributing the support for right to left languages|
|Microgénesis||- for contributing the JNDI support|
Additionally, Openbravo wishes to thank the following members of our community who contributed important defect fixes:
|Software Engineering Research Center (SERC) - National University of Computer and Emerging Science|
Finally, a special thank to all the people in the community that helped us in the testing and stabilization of this release. In particular, Openbravo thanks, the following people who participated in the 2.50 alpha testing:
- Domagoj Crljenko
- Don Wood
- Juan Reyes
- Krishna Balaji
- Paulo Leandro
- SERC FAST-UN
- 2591 Oracle error filtering data in some windows: this defect applies to Openbravo ERP installations running on Oracle and it is caused by Oracle bug 4626732. This bug is resolved starting from Oracle 10.2.0.2 and 220.127.116.11.