ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP10
Openbravo ERP 2.50MP10 available
Release date: January 19th, 2010
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo ERP. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Enhanced Upgrade Process: The rebuild window is now more clear to understand and easy to use, and the process is more reliable.
- Payment Monitor: Payment monitor allows to track the invoice payment status. With it it is possible to know whether invoice is fully paid or not. If not then how much has been receipt, how much is pending, when is the next payment due date and the amount that is expected to be received on that date.
- General Ledger Report Review: General Ledger financial report is hugely enhanced with filters and grouping by accounting dimensions and with improvements in pdf, html and xls output formats.
- Revised Search Dialogs: Search dialogs in the most important transactional windows like 'Sales / Purchase Order / Invoice', 'Goods Receipt', 'Bank Statement', 'Business Partner', 'Product' etc. have been improved adding new filter fields.
- Read Only Posted Documents: Transactional windows has been modified to make read only the fields that cannot be edited depending on the status of the document. The user can only modify fields values of the document he is allowed to.
- Document Type Defaults: The document type default can be defined for every window. Apart from selecting the available document types for every window you can select what type will be the default document type for every window.
- Modularity Validations: A number of new validations related to namespacing in modulularity, to avoid clashing.
- Openbravo ERP is now available as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). Check the Professional Subscription Manual or the Openbravo ERP Installation for installation details of the Professional and Community editions.
- 10792: Initial client setup does not work with two datasets.
- 11476: Checkboxes do not work properly as filters.
- 11496: Cannot search based on created by and updated by.
- 11470: Now it's possible to obtain Balance Sheet and P&L Structure reports for organizations that do not have a calendar defined nor in the organization, nor in any ancestor, but yes in organizations bellow it in the organization tree.
- Several fixes in the Openbravo ERP infrastructure:
- 11818: Required additional updates show only the last available version, not the minimum one.
- 11727: Export.database fails when a table is not registered in the AD.
- 11517: When updating module after Heartbeat configuration no module is shown.
- 11712: The ad_db_modified function finds structure changes in the database when there were none.
- 11735: Rebuild shows lots of error messages when upgrading from an earlier version.
- 11478: The Heartbeat check can be bypassed.
- Several fixes in system validations:
- 11704: Wad validation of module naming in HTML paths always assumes a . (dot), probably also the / (slash) should be allowed.
- 11520: It's possible create a column with reserved java package names.
- 10235: The ant diagnostic diagnostic tool failed checking for PostgreSQL.
- 10942: DbSourceManager should warn/fail when using an unsupported data type.
- 11552: Adapt ajax.js to the JSLint recommendations.
Check the complete fixed issues and API changes.
- When installing or uninstalling an industry template, warnings may happen in the "DAL initialization" part of the rebuild with this message: "The following rows were changed after your last update.database or export.database". This warnings should be discarded, as they are completely harmless.
- Sometimes, when applying an Industry Template or upgrading from 2.50MP10 to a higher 2.50 MP, the following error might happen:
This error is actually an error in the window itself (the user interface), and not an error in the build process. This means that the build in fact went fine (provided there were no additional errors). If this is the only error shown after the build was completed, the steps you should follow are this:
in the command line. After that, restart your Tomcat server, and everything should be fine (the Industry template should be active, or the new version of Core should be working and ready to be used).
|Appliance||Source code tarball||Mercurial|
|QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Download||Clone (tag: 2.50MP10)|
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-e9cee59d (32 bit)
US: ami-ab6885c2 (32 bit)
|These are Community deliverables. 2.50MP10 as a packaged OBX file, the Cloud Stack Appliances and the Cloud Stack Amazon EC2 AMIs (32bit and 64bit) are available only for the Professional Edition and they can be downloaded from the Partner Restricted Area.|
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo ERP release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo ERP from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo ERP Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Get more details on Openbravo ERP.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo ERP a huge success.