ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP12
Openbravo ERP 2.50MP12 available
Release date: March 3th, 2010
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo ERP. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Audit Trail: The audit trail feature allows the complete tracking of all data changes done to any table/entity. This feature can be enabled per table and then records any insert/update/delete done and allows viewing this audit information through the normal openbravo user-interface.
- Automatic Session Detection: Using continous pulling for alerts the system does active session detection, so users closing their browsers without logout will not leave their sessions open till session time-out. It enables a much more efficient use of concurrent sessions in Professional Edition instances.
- Check Browser Compatibility: Login page verifies browser compatility and raises a warning when using a not-supported browser
- Attribute set values: Functionality review and enhancements of the attribute set values in order to avoid issues like 0011513 and 0010336.
- Create Standard Module: new utility to automate the creation of a standard customization module for non-technical users, used in the new Easy Extensible Attributes module
- Extensible references: from this MP it is possible for a module to register new base Application Dictionary references such as advanced selectors or Google maps. Once registered these references can be used in any window in the system. The new selectors module that is about to be published is built on top of this infrastructure
- DBSourceManager is now completely independent from Data Access Layer resulting in a much more robust and faster build process
- Editable Line Net Amount: New check box has been created to allow the end-user to enter values directly to "Line Net Amount" at Purchase-Sales Orders&Invoices Lines level. "Line Net Amount" has also been moved from "Status" section to "Amounts" section. Besides "Unit Price", "Standard Price" and "List Price" are now renamed as "Net Unit Price", "Net Standard Price" and "Net List Price", respectively. At Purchase-Sales Orders&Invoices Header level "Summed Line Amount" filed is now renamed as "Total Net Amount" and "Grand Total Amount" is now renamed as "Total Gross Amount".
- Tax enhancements: The tax capabilities have been improved to better support the requirements of some geographies, such as India. In particular, you can now define nested tax rates and the system can calculate taxes at line level and using multiple tax basis.
- 12432: Openbravo diagnostic tool is not working because a problem in the configuration of log4j
- 11113: Number of changes pending is not correct on upgrading
- 11131: Uninstall button in ModuleManagementConsole has not confirmation dialog
- 12243: Error message when installing a module that doesn't follow the naming rules
- 12257: Registration popups open minimized after Heartbeat popup in FF3.6 and Windows
- 11069: In menu's tree not appear nodes without translate
- 11838: Read only logic vs read only: Behavior is not correct when both are filled
- 12052: Read only logic doesn't disable combo's onChange
- 10955: Callouts stop working in the app when called from a button
- 12057: ShowImage servlet should include mime types in the header
- 12268: Synchronize terminolgy fails reusing elements in EM columns
- 12151: The module window allow to insert n prefixs for one module
- 10771: in 64bit environments the compile.complete shows a GC overhead limit exceeded
- 12010: The account selector is slow in case of more than 20.000 accounts. Account drop-down is taking too much values.
- This Maintenance Pack does not work with Oracle 10g. If you run an Openbravo ERP installation with Oracle 10g and you want to update to the latest version, update to 2.50MP13 instead. The same applies for new installations with Oracle 10g.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
|Appliance||Source code tarball||Mercurial|
|QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Download||Clone (tag: 2.50MP12)|
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-4bb09b3f (32 bit)
US: ami-91836cf8 (32 bit)
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo ERP release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo ERP from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo ERP Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Get more details on Openbravo ERP.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo ERP a huge success.