ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP19
Openbravo ERP 2.50MP19 available
Release date: June 30th, 2010
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo ERP. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Dynamic Rebuild Window: The Rebuild Window that is shown when a module or Core update is applied has been changed. Now, if the new version of Openbravo you are updating to comes with new build processes (such as the Build Validations which we included in MP17), these new processes will be shown in the window as new steps. Additionally, as part of this project, we've made sure that when you upgrade to a newer version of Openbravo, the build itself depends only on the sources of the new version, thus improving the consistency and robustness of the upgrade process.
- Shipment extension points: Three new extension points has been created for the Shipment flow. Now there is no need to modify the Openbravo ERP core to extend the Shipment flow, in a module all the functionality can be developed and delivered. With these extension points you can for example using the processes "Create Shipments from Orders" or "Generate Shipments", leave the Shipments documents created in draft status. It also can be developed based on these new extension points a Picking and Packaging functionality as described in the Warehouse Picking Functional Specifications.
- "Purchase" Financial Invoices "Sales" Financial Invoices: End-user can register and issue and later on post purchase and sales invoices for a BP (vendor/customer) do not link to products/services but ledger accounts through "G/L items" flag as "Enable in Financial Invoices".
- Initial Client Setup : This project's objectives are:
- Implement all the logic in a java class (not extending HttpSecureAppServlet) so it can be called not only through user interface.
- Remove all xsql code, and re-write it using DAL
- Create a new dataset for the document types, so its creation is not hard-coded, but inserted as any other dataset.
- Because of previous feature, now in Initial Client Setup window, core will appear as a dataset to be applied. If applied, document types, sequences, etc. will be created for that client.
- 12683: Oracle build takes a lot of time (Note: enabling the fix for this problem requires a change in Openbravo.properties)
- 13572: Maintain and print stacktraces when calls to setAdminMode and restoreAdminMode are unbalanced
- A reference data item is present in Enterprise Module Management window, named Core, starting from MP19. It's very important that this dataset is not updated through Enterprise Module Management window. Click here for further information.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP15, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at 13284 for detailed information about this issue. The workaround is create the directory "src-diagnostics" in the ERP source directory (source.path).
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
|Appliance||Source code tarball||Mercurial|
|QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Download||Clone (tag: 2.50MP19)|
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-8fe8c2fb (32 bit)
US: ami-0e789067 (32 bit)
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo ERP release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo ERP from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo ERP Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Get more details on Openbravo ERP.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo ERP a huge success.
Openbravo would like to thank the following members of our community who contributed additional functionality to the project:
|openTrends||- for contributing in the new Shipments Extension points.|