ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP21
Openbravo ERP 2.50MP21 available
Release date: September 7th, 2010
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo ERP. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- New Types of Dependencies: Dependencies can be defined in three different ways (enforcement major version, minor version and none). If the module developer wants to, users can override enforcement type.
- Disabling Modules: Modules can be disabled without being uninstalled. This capability is useful for expired commercial modules or to allow to deactivate a professional subscribed instance not having to uninstall the commercial modules.
- About box enhanced: About box now identifies usage of 3.0 template, it also displays the list of installed modules within the instance.
- Improved error messages for module installation: Improved error messaged displayed when modules cannot be installed because of license restrictions.
- Clean Transaction types: Reviewed document types for transactions setting defaults and removing obsolete ones.
- Printable Document Templates Review: Reviewed printable forms (sales order, purchase order, goods shipment, goods receipt, sales invoice and purchase invoice) allowing them to include icons, logos, etc. at an organizational level and maybe for the document type.
- 13894: Activation an instance fails if the license contains too many modules
- 13655: Missing field in Import Orders window. It has been added a new Attribute field in the Import Orders window that allows to import the product attribute in the order's line.
- 14125: "Payment Aging Balance" report is now multicurrency.
- 14158: Set of US English translation changes to apply to core.
- A reference data item is present in Enterprise Module Management window, named Core, starting from MP19. It's very important that this dataset is not updated through Enterprise Module Management window. Click here for further information.
- Using PostgreSQL new translations are not properly applied 14689. This does not affect to instances that already had the translation installed in a previous MP and were updated to MP21. For instances that have installed the translation in MP21 it will be required to fix the translation once they are updated to a higher version, there are two possible scenarios:
- Translation is installed as a single module. The solution consists on deinstalling the translation and installing it again.
- Translation is installed within a pack or template (for example a localization pack). In this case it is not possible to deinstall just the translation. The solution would be:
- Execute in DB (using a DB client such as psql or pgAdmin): update ad_module set status ='I' where istranslationmodule='Y';
- In command line execute from the root directory of Openbravo installation: ant apply.module
- Cannot unprocess a bank statement with more than one business partner 14634.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP15, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at 13284 for detailed information about this issue. The workaround is create the directory "src-diagnostics" in the ERP source directory (source.path).
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
|Appliance||Source code tarball||Mercurial|
|QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Download||Clone (tag: 2.50MP21)|
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-f88ca68c (32 bit)
US: ami-405fb529 (32 bit)
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo ERP release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo ERP from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo ERP Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Get more details on Openbravo ERP.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo ERP a huge success.
Openbravo would like to thank the following members of our community who contributed additional functionality to the project:
|TDS||- for contributing in the "Set of US English translation changes to apply to core"|