ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP28
Openbravo 2.50MP28 available
Release date: April 1st, 2011
Starting from 2.50 MP24 Openbravo stopped shipping Community Appliances, Public Amazon EC2 AMIs and Source code tarball publication in SourceForge for Openbravo 2.50 release. All these deliverables are available for Openbravo 3.0, latest version of which Openbravo 3.0PR16Q3.2 is released. Now is the time to start focusing on Openbravo 3.0 for evaluation and new development.
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Reversal Invoices part of the Advanced Payment Management: It is now possible to receive a payment against a Reversal Purchase Invoice as a Negative Payment Out, as well as to make a payment against a Reversal Sales Invoice as a Negative Payment In.
- 15767: Is not possible to customize currency precisions. Now the dataset 'Masterdata' is only applied on the initial database creation and it is never updated in the database on subsequent module updates.
- 16239: Export.database doesn't update structure checksum. Now a update.database following any export.database does not fail always with a 'database has local changes' warning.
- 16334: Using PostgreSQL database: Having a module installed with a PL function, it is not possible to update this module if it changes that function's signature.
- 16170: Using Oracle database: After enabling, Heartbeat window is not working in Classic mode
- 15787: It is not possible to void an invoice with conversion rate
- 15899: The general ledger journal should show an "Add and keep going..." a "Total" and a "Previous Sums" sections
- 15911: Information about the ledger entry should be shown in the general ledger journal. Now it appears the document number and the description of the ledger entry.
- 16028: Error when navigating from Payment Aging Balance report to Payment report. Now it is shown only the payments of the selected organization in the report.
- 16052: Account tree is wrong, when it is created in initial organization setup process. Now the tree of accouts generated loaded from a CSV file is correct.
- 16275: The User Defined Accounting Report does not work in 2.50. It has been fixed the report to make it work with the latest Openbravo 2.50 version.
- Updating from versions <2.50MP19 (2.50MP19 not included) to this version causes the process to fail. In case you are running a version lower that 2.50MP19 and you are planning to upgrade to 2.50MP28 follow these steps:
- Run the upgrade process as usual. It will fail in the middle of the process
- Go into the command line, change your current directory to the Openbravo source tree root directory and run ant update.database core.lib wad.lib trl.lib compile.complete.deploy
- Restart Tomcat.
- If you are updating from 2.50MP15, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at 13284 for detailed information about this issue. The workaround is create the directory "src-diagnostics" in the product source directory (source.path).
- If you are updating from 2.50MP10, you could run into a known issue. Have a look at the 2.50MP10 release notes for detailed information about this issue.
|Clone (tag: 2.50MP28)|
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- If you are looking for the Openbravo Cloud Appliance release notes, check this page instead.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.