ERP 2.50:Release Notes/2.50MP6
Openbravo ERP 2.50MP6 available
Release date: October the 6th, 2009
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo ERP. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Update of Openbravo ERP core: now supported from the Openbravo Central Repository and can be downloaded directly from the Module Management window. After having applied this maintenance pack, users can discover and download any future core updates directly from the Openbravo user interface.
- Support for commercial modules: now commercial modules are supported in the Openbravo Central Repository which verifies the presence and validity of an entitlement key at download and installation time. Authors of commercial solutions can now rely on this infrastructure to ensure the integrity of their intellectual property.
Additionally, only instances activated with a professional subscription can acquire commercial modules.
- Support for different numeric formats: different numeric formats can be defined including comma as decimal separator. When typing the decimal separator in numeric keypad the proper symbol (dot or comma) will be used. Rich numeric formats are used by default, but when a numeric field get focused then a simplified format -without grouping separators and padding 0's- is used to simplify data entry.
- New image reference: a new image reference (BLOB) has been created so users can directly upload images from the Openbravo ERP user interface. Images are stored in the database.
- System logos: System logos are now configurable through this new image reference. It solves issue 8818: it is not possible to change logos as part of a module. See how to do this here.
- Heartbeat extension: Heartbeat is converted to an opt-out feature and its activation required to install modules from the Central Repository.
- 10414: Session time-out can be configured from the Openbravo user interface (Application dictionary/AD Implementation Mapping). See how to configure it here.
- 10586: Reverse invoice - You can now reverse an invoice and establish a link from the original to the reverse invoice. This relation is preserved in the system.
- 10447: User System shouldn't be able to login, but it currently has a password.
- 10492: DBSourceManagement of previous version is used to upgrade to a newer version of Openbravo.
- 10128: After installing a template and rebuild the instance, changes are not performed.
- 9522: Auto-save issue when clicking on a button on a window (of a module) without saving previously.
- 10522: Auto-save changes do not work for EM_* subtabs.
- 9984: Defined background accounting process only applies to System.
- 10384: Uninstall button not shown in Module Management console.
- 10524: ImportLanguage takes too long (30min+) when Spanish Localization Pack is installed in the system, in an install.source.
- 10339: Goods Receipt and Invoice accounting entries are not coherent while using US accounting model because when you create a purchase order and later on a goods receipt, the accounts used by the goods receipt posting are not the same as the ones used by the invoice.
- 10427: Purchase Invoices do not include c_tax_id value when being posted.
|MP module||Appliance||Source code tarball||Mercurial|
|OBX file||QEMU-Parallels||VirtualBox||VMware||Xen||Download||Clone (tag: 2.50MP6)|
Installation, updates and upgrades
- To install or evaluate this Openbravo ERP release, follow the installation guide.
- To update an existing Openbravo ERP from an earlier release of 2.50 follow the update instructions.
- To upgrade your existing system from 2.3x or 2.40 to the latest version of 2.50 follow the upgrade here
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Get more details on Openbravo ERP.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo ERP a huge success.