Extensible Golden Key
Up to now, golden key license expiration day is generated per instance for 30 from the day of activation, after expiration, instance cannot be refreshed anymore. This is going to be changed to work as the rest of licenses, defining expiration date per license not per instance and allowing refreshal.
- A Golden Key is provisioned for every partner as part of their sign up process. At the moment the provisioning can be manual.
- The expiration date for the Golden Key is set to the same date as the partnership end date.
- When a partner renews, the Golden Key is extended to the new end date. This process can be manual for now.
- Golden keys preserve the behaviors we introduced last November and that are designed to prevent abuses:
- The Golden Key only allows Evaluation as instance purpose
- The Golden Key only allows 2 concurrent users
- The Welcome to Openbravo widget cannot be removed and it shows Evaluation on the workspace
- Once an environment has been activated with a Golden Key, it cannot be activated with any other key, nor the subscription can be canceled, nor it can be converted to Community Edition (this behavior prevents the abuse that we had observed last year where partners were starting the implementation projects with the Golden Key).
- Export client cannot be done in an environment activated with a Golden Key
- As currently golden key expiration date cannot be extended, ERP doesn't try to refresh Golden Key license in case of expiration (neither in login nor when installing new modules). This restriction needs to be removed to try to refresh in case of expiration as regular licenses do.
- Because of the same reason, in Instance Activation window, after registering the instance with a Golden Key, all buttons (Refresh, Cancel, Deactivate) are disabled. Now refresh button should be present, when clicking it current license key is shown and in case of Golden it should be read only because it is not possible to activate with another key.
Currently when a new Golden Key license is created, expiration date field in license's header is hidden and not used. Whenever a new instance is activated for this license, a new expiration date (30 days from now) for that instance is calculated. From now on, expiration date in header must be kept for Golden Keys (should it be mandatory?) and per instance expiration date not calculated so header's one is used.
Rest of implemented restrictions are kept.
All golden key licenses (~285) should now be reviewed to set up a correct expiration date. For the updated ones, expiration date in instances should be blanked.
ERP instances <3.0MP16 don't allow to refresh Golden Key license, so in case they expire, they will become unusable.