Create and manage goods shipments to your customers.
Goods Shipment document registering the specifics of items sent to a customer.
This window allows to browse information about all Goods Shipments registered in the system and manually create new shipment documents. It is useful if execution of some scenario is required that is not supported by automatic shipments generation process (for example, partial shipment of the order or grouping of several orders and / or invoices in one shipment). For automatic creation use Create Shipments from Orders.
The calculated cost of a "Goods Shipment" is used while posting it to the ledger.
Create and process a shipment.
Header lists main terms and conditions related to the customer delivery that apply to all products (Lines) included in it.
In majority of the cases main (and the only) field needed to create a new Goods Shipment is the Business Partner field.
All other fields are automatically populated based on the selected Business Partner, logged in User preferences and other system default parameters.
Some other fields to note:
- Warehouse: the warehouse from where the goods are shipped. Defaulted to the session value from the top navigation.
- Movement Date: the date the goods physically ship out of the warehouse. Defaulted to the current date.
- Delivery Location: address that will be used when generating a shipment. If it is not specified Partner Address field will be used. Defaulted according to the Customer and Location tabs of the Business Partner window.
- Accounting Date: date to be used in the posting record of the Goods Shipment to the general ledger.
- Sales Order: reference to an order that is being shipped. If Goods Shipment includes products from several Sales Orders field is left empty (still trace-ability is present at Lines level).
- Invoice Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been invoiced.
- As a consequence of 23916 feature request and after 26629 issue changes were applied, if we create two or more lines in goods shipment related to a sales invoice line, only one of those goods shipment lines will show "Invoice Status" 100% and the rest will show "Invoice Status" 0%.
There are 2 ways of entering lines into the sales order:
- Selecting products from pending to be shipped orders or invoices and specifying Storage Bin (Warehouse field) from where it should be shipped using the Create Lines From button. This option can be used several times to group several orders and / or invoices in one shipment. This is a most common approach.
- Manually, line by line. Is used if underlying document (Sales Order or Invoice) does not exist in the system prior shipment takes place.
Add or see products which are included in your shipment. Each product is shown on its own line.
Lines lists each product to be delivered and its characteristics.
Fields to note:
- Attribute Set Value: this field is displayed if the product to be shipped in the line has attributes (color, size, serial number or several of them together etc).
- Storage Bin: from where the product is taken for shipment. Populated automatically based on the Product field which includes storage bin as the part of its selector.
- Sales Order Line: reference to the sales order line that is being shipped.
Explode button is shown when selecting a line with a non-stockable BOM product and the product has not already been exploded. When exploding a product, the bill of materials components the selected product consists of are shown in the shipment. Once you have exploded it, you cannot comprime it. You should delete all the lines (first bill of materials components and then the BOM product), and insert again the non-stockable BOM product.
Complete button finishes shipment of the products to the customer and stock information gets updated accordingly (product levels go down).
Accounting information related to the material shipment
For more details please review the accounting article.
A "Goods Shipment" can be posted if the "MaterialMgmtShipmentInOut" table is set to Active for accounting in the Active Tables tab of the organization's general ledger configuration.
Goods Shipment posting creates the following accounting entries.
Posting record date: Accounting Date.
|Product COGS (Cost of Goods Sold)||Shipment Line Cost Amount||One per Goods Shipment Line|
|Product Asset||Shipment Line Cost Amount||One per Goods Shipment Line|
Posting a Goods Shipment requires to have the cost of the product/s contained in it calculated.
In the case of a goods shipment that is the average or the standard cost calculated depending on the Costing Algorithm used.
- The "Legal Entity" organization needs to have a validated Costing Rule configured.
- and the Costing Background Process needs to be scheduled for the Client, therefore it can search and then allow that the Costing Server process calculates the cost of the transactions.
Once the cost have been calculated, the Goods Shipment can be posted to the ledger.
Full list of Goods Shipment window fields and their descriptions is available in the Goods Shipment Screen Reference.