How to Do a Store Server Deployment Check
Openbravo provides a process to check if a store server is properly configured/deployed. Even though the configuration of a multiserver environment is described in detail, there can be external reasons (network problems, synchronization errors, etc) that can prevent a store server from working properly.
This document describes how to run the process that checks that a store server is working properly. It can be done from the central server or from the store server itself. If there is a problem that prevents the central server from communicating with the store server, executing the process from the store server will probably yield more information, as it can give the cause of the servers not being able to be reachable.
Checks Performed by the Deployment Check Process
The deployment check process makes the following checks:
- The Mobile Multi-Server Architecture Enablement preference is enabled
- A proper mobile.server.key is set in Openbravo.properties
- There is an entry for the store server and for the central server in the Mobile Server window
- The proper authentication manager (org.openbravo.mobile.core.authenticate.MobileKeyAuthenticationManager) is set in Openbravo.properties
- The servers are able to talk to each other using the MobileServerRequestExecutor API. This guarantees that the mobile server authentication key is proper.
- SymmetricDS is installed, and it has registered the store server in the central server
- There are no synchronization errors between the central and the store server in any direction
- It is possible to synchronize records between the central and the store server bidirectionally
- The store server is online, or if it is not online, it can transition to only with success
Store Server Deployment Check From the Central Server
To check the deployment status of a store server, the store server must be selected in the Mobile Server window, and the Check Store Server Deployment button.
Store Server Deployment Check From the Store Server Itself
To check the deployment status of a store server, the Check Current Server Deployment process must be executed.