How to Upgrade SymmetricDS
A new version of SymmetricDS is released every few weeks, it is always a good practice to use one of the most recent versions. This document describes the particular steps required to upgrade the SymmetricDS version used in the org.openbravo.replication.symmetricds module. This document describes all the other considerations that must be taken into account to upgrade any library. Only the Update the .classpath file and the Update wiki subsections do not apply to the upgrade of SymmetricDS
The full list of SymmetricDS releases, along with the changes included in each release, can be found here.
Downloading the desired version
Download the latest published SymmetricDS release, it can be found here
If you want to upgrade SymmetricDS to a version other than the latest, you can find all published versions here. Make sure you download the symmetric-server* file, not the symmetric-android* file.
Updating the jar files
- Decompress the file that you downloaded in the previous step.
- The jar files are placed in the web/WEB-INF/lib subfolder. We are only interested in those whose name starts with symmetric-. In the 3.7.36 version, there are 8 files that fulfill that condition:
- Copy those files to the lib/runtime subfolder of the org.openbravo.replication.symmetricds module
- In that subfolder, decompress the symmetric-core jars of both the new and the old version.
- Copy the following files from the root folder of the decompressed previous version to the root folder of the decompressed updated version. If this step is not done, SymmetricDS will show warning errors in the log complaining that it can't find those files:
- Go to the root folder of the decompressed updated version and create the new jar: jar cf symmetric-core-X.Y.ZZ.jar *
- Move the jar you created in the previous step to the lib/runtime subfolder of the org.openbravo.replication.symmetricds module.
- Remove the jars of the previous versions and the two folders corresponding with the uncrompressed jars.