How to personalize Openbravo
This article explains how to customize the look and feel of Openbravo to suit your personal needs or to suit the requirements of your country.
Adding your company logo
When you install Openbravo, placeholder graphics for your company logo and your company's IT support service are displayed. There are also two company logos in the main Openbravo window, after you login. There is finally one logo that can be used in reports. These five logos can be customized directly through the application.
The first two modules are defined at System level only. The next two, are defined both at System level and at Client level. If the client in which the user logged in has logos defined for these two, they will be shown, and if not, the System ones will be shown. The last one is defined at System, Client and Organization level (and the same criteria is used: if there is a logo for Organization, it is used, if there is not, then the Client one is used, and if there is no Client logo, then the System one is used).
Creating your company logo
Using the graphics package of your choice, create your company logos. You will need to create up to five logos (depending on which ones you want to change in the application). Their corresponding sizes are:
- Your Company login image -> 197x55
- Your IT service login image -> 197x55
- Your Company menu image -> 122x34
- Your Company big image -> 608x217
- Your Company document image -> 197x55
You can use any image format that would work on a web browser (.jpg, .png, .gif, ...).
Uploading your company logo
You can upload your company logo directly through the application by logging in as "System Administrator" role.
The first window you should check is the "System Info" window by going to General Setup -> Application folder, or just by typing "System Info" in the "Quick Launch" window.
If you are using a fresh installation of Openbravo, you should see the five standard logos in this window.
- The first two (Default Your Company Login Image and Default Your It Service Login Image) correspond to the ones that are shown in the login window.
- The next two (Default Your Company Menu Image and Default Your Company Big Image) correspond to the ones that are shown when you login into the application, in the main window, if the client in which you logged in doesn't have logos defined.
- The last one corresponds to the one that can be shown in reports, if there is no logo defined neither in the organization nor the client.
Additionally, the Support Contact field is used to be displayed in the login window next to the Default Your It Service Login Image.
To change any of them, click on the "arrow" next to the image, and an "Update Image" selector will be opened. You can use it to upload a new image, to remove the existing image, or if there is no image, to add a new one.
When Openbravo is built, the placeholder graphics for the Company and IT service logos are automatically inserted in the AD_System_Info table, and can be looked at and modified through the System Info window.
Every time an Initial Client Setup is performed, the three client level images are copied from that table to the AD_ClientInfo table. From then onwards, the images for the client can be edited in the "Information" tab of the Client window.
The same thing applies for the Initial Organization Setup. When it is done, the Company logo that can be used at organization level is also copied, and can be modified from then on through the "Information" tab of the Organization window.
Session timeout is used to determine when a session is expired in case there is not user activity. So for example a 60 minutes timeout means that in case the user stops doing actions he will be automatically logged out the application after this time. It is also used in case the user closes the browser without clicking before in the Close Session button, in this case the session will expire after the timeout time has been completed.
By default session timeout is set to 60 minutes, but it can be customized. To change this value it is necessary to have an active template (note that this is a core value), then as System Administrator go to Application Dictionary || AD Implementation Mapping tab and look for Timeout object. Then go to Parameters tab and edit the Search key value of the timeout parameter. This value expresses in minutes the time before expiring the session.
After this modification it is necessary to regenerate web.xml file and restart tomcat. This is done by executing the following command in command line:
ant smartbuild -Drestart=yes
Note that this modification can be exported in the template which is in development executing:
Changing Decimal Separator
By default Openbravo uses '.' (dot) as a decimal separator.
To change decimal separator to a different symbol, for example ',' (comma), please follow the steps below
- Edit Format.xml file (this file can be found in the folder: $openbravo_folder/config/Format.xml).
- Change all decimal attributes in it to the required symbol (for example, decimal="." to decimal=",").
- Save the changes.
- After this modification it is necessary to move the changes to the tomcat context and to restart it. This is done by executing the following command in the command line:
ant smartbuild -Drestart=yes
Customizing Document Printable Templates
Some printable documents can be customized to fit the needs of each company depending on the print paper the company uses. Some companies use some print paper with their logo or their data or both printed and thy do not want to print them again. This can be done in some documents following the next steps. The documents that allow this feature are sales order, purchase order, goods shipment, goods receipt, sales invoice and purchase invoice. To customize these documents:
- Log in as you "Client" admin profile
- Go to Financial Management || Accounting || Setup || Document Type or just type "Document Type" in the "Quick Launch".
- In the grid view it is easy to choose the document type to customize. Select it and go to Report Templates tab.
- In the form view there can be seen three fields at the end. Show Logo, Show Company Data and Header Margin:
- "Show Logo" and "Show Company Data" fields allow to choose whether the logo or the company data wants to be printed or not.
- "Header Margin" field allows to choose what size of margin has to be left on top of the document. The options are none, large, medium and small, depending on the size of the logo.
- Once this is done the last step is to save.
Now all the documents of this type will be printed with this customization.
The logo is taken first from the legal entity, if there is not any image defined there, from the client and as a last option from the system. For this go to the following places:
- General Setup > Enterprise > Organization > Organization > Information, "Your Company Document Image" field.
Please take into account that the organization needs to be the legal entity of the organization the document belongs to.
- General Setup > Enterprise > Client > Client > Information, "Your Company Document Image" field.
- General Setup > Application > System Info > System Info "Your Company Document Image" field.
For this you must be logged as System Administrator.