Indian States/User Documentation
This User Documentation is intended as a reference for end users of the Indian States module. It provides guidance on usability of this module.
Indian States is an extension module for Openbravo ERP. This module consists of regions or states which belongs to India. In Openbravo ERP few countries already have regions but for India there are no such regions available.
India has union of states comprising of 28 states and 7 union territories. [The picture or India Map typically shows the regions of India how its divided into union of states and territories.] Basically this module will have these states and union territories of India. Anyone can download and install this module to view the regions of India.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This module is available for 2.50 and above
This module can be installed by following the steps as given below. Only the System Administrator can install module. It can be installed through the central repository or downloaded at the module section of this forge project.
Please follow the steps to install the Indian States Module if does not exist in the Openbravo ERP Application.
- Login as Openbravo/openbravo
- Expand General Setup menu by clicking on it.
- Click on Module Management menu.
- It shows the already installed / existing module in the running application.
- Navigate to or click on Add Modules from the sub tabs. [Refer the screenshot as given below].
- Click on Browse File System.
- It will open up a new window to browse the OBX file to install into the current application.
- Click on Browse button and navigate to the path where you downloaded the .obx file.
(File name: org.openbravo.localization.india.referencedata.states-1.0.0.obx)
- Click on Continue button. It will navigate to next screen and ask
- Do you want to continue installing the following module(s)?
- Click on Continue button. Please find below the screen shot.
- On clicking continue it will navigate to license agreement screen.
- Select the option I accept all license agreement. Please refer the screen shot below.
- Click on Continue button to navigate into final processing screen.
- In that screen it will display Process completed successfully. Click OK.
- Now you can see the Module - Indian States in Installed Modules Tab.
- In that it has been highlighted the message with yellow color 1 Changes pending rebuild now. Click on the link rebuild now. [Refer the screen shot below]
Note: If you have more than one pending task then select the Indian States module from the below list and click on rebuild now link for the selected module.
- On clicking the link it will pop up a new window and it will confirm to rebuild the system now.
- Do you want to rebuild the system now?. Click Yes.
- Now the system is getting into rebuild process. Please look at the screen shot below.
- After completion of rebuild process it will ask you to reload the system / servlet container.
- Select the option Restart servlet container now and click on Continue. Please refer the screen shot as follows.
- Finally the system get restarted.
- After installation we can check in 2 ways whether the module has been successfully installed or not.
- Check Type 1:
- Now re-login into the system by providing the credentials Openbravo/openbravo.
- Expand the General Setup menu by clicking on it.
- Expand the folder Application menu and click on Country Region and City menu.
- By default it will be in Country Tab. Double click the India from the list of countries.
- Navigate to Region Tab now you can find the states and union territories of India.
- Check Type2:
- Login to Openbravo/openbravo credentials.
- Change into Openbravo Admin role by clicking User Info link in the top left hand side.
- Navigate and expand the Master Data Management menu.
- Click on Business Partnermenu.
- Double click on one of the Partner name from the grid view.
- Navigate and click on Location/Address sub tab which is under Business Partner Tab.
- On Location/Address field click on search / selector button to get into detailed Location Selector Window.
- Click on Country drop down list box.
- Select India from the list.
- Click on Region drop down list box were you can find the regions / states of India.
- Please refer the screenshot as given below.