Openbravo ERP also supports the following editions of Oracle 11g (version 22.214.171.124.0 or later):
To learn more about Oracle, follow the links:
Installing Oracle on Microsoft Windows
Follow these instructions to install Oracle 11g on Windows.
Installing Oracle on RedHat
Follow these guidelines to install Oracle 11g database on RedHat.
Common installation steps
- Select AL32UTF8 as the database's NLS_CHARACTERSET.
- Select AL16UTF16 as the database's NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET.
Common postinstallation steps
In all the cases, after running the installation, check the following:
- The number of open cursors should be at least 3000. Verify it, and tune the ALTER SESSION to change the number of open cursors if needed:
SELECT value FROM v$parameter WHERE name = 'open_cursors'; ALTER SYSTEM SET open_cursors = 3000 SCOPE=BOTH;
- Make sure that the number of processes is at least 150. Verify it, and tune the ALTER SESSION to change the number of processes if needed:
SELECT value FROM v$parameter WHERE name = 'processes'; ALTER SYSTEM SET processes=150 SCOPE=SPFILE;
- Restart Oracle after doing this change.