Openbravo support Oracle as a database system either installed locally or on a separate server.
To select the best version to install refer to the System Requirements page as explained in the introduction.
- Select AL32UTF8 as the database's NLS_CHARACTERSET.
- Select AL16UTF16 as the database's NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET.
- The number of open cursors should be at least 3000. Verify it, and tune the ALTER SESSION to change the number of open cursors if needed:
SELECT value FROM v$parameter WHERE name = 'open_cursors'; ALTER SYSTEM SET open_cursors = 3000 SCOPE=BOTH;
- Make sure that the number of processes is at least 150. Verify it, and tune the ALTER SESSION to change the number of processes if needed:
SELECT value FROM v$parameter WHERE name = 'processes'; ALTER SYSTEM SET processes=150 SCOPE=SPFILE;
- Restart Oracle after doing this change.