Issue tracker - Project policies
Openbravo uses Mantis as its issue tracking system at issues.openbravo.com. This issue tracker has several independent projects, such as "Openbravo ERP" and "Openbravo POS". This documents describes what kind of projects are accepted as such in Mantis, which rules must be followed and how to request a new one.
This document is aimed at developers already administering a project or interested in having a new one.
The project has to be related to any of the following topics:
- Openbravo ERP or POS product development. This does not include personal or custom development projects. Only those that are accepted as contributions to the core of the product. The project must have certain entity (i.e. DBSourceManager). Release projects are not accepted as separate projects.
- New tools built around the ERP/POS and that help in the development of the products (e.g. official localization tools).
- Official corporate tools. This includes the wiki, the web site, Mantis itself and any other site using software controlled by the Openbravo project and that are used for the Openbravo ERP/POS products.
Every project must follow the following rules regarding the project administration:
- The release management team is in charge of the issue tracker administration. No other developer is allowed to create projects. For request see below.
- There is one administrator per project. To request changes in the project, such as a new category or a new release creation, do not contact the administrators by e-mail, but file an issue in that specific project.
- For problems, bugs and feature requests regarding the issue tracker, file an issue in the Mantis @ OB project.
- To request a new project file an issue in the Mantis @ OB project.