Localization Roadmap India
This is the roadmap of the India localization for Openbravo 3
Differentiation of Community Edition and Professional Edition
India Localization is available in two different editions:
- Community Edition. This edition includes those modules/packs under an "Openbravo Public License" (OPL)
- Professional Edition. this edition includes those modules/packs under an "Openbravo Commercial License" (OCL)
The features included in this roadmap are planned to be delivered in future versions of the localization, either as part of the community edition or as part of the professional edition.
- - Community Extension Module: Same as core from licensing and support perspective.
- - Commercial Extension Module: Requires a Professional Edition to install and use, licensed under Openbravo Commercial License, zero cost for Professional Edition
- - Commercial Extension Module: Requires a Professional Edition to install and use, licensed under Openbravo Commercial License, at additional cost
Availability and Deliverables
Availability dates included in this roadmap are estimated availability dates of delivering the features listed below on the last Openbravo 3 MP in "Confirmed Stable" status.
The key to understand new features availability is:
- - Delivered: Is currently available
- - Committed: Is currently either scheduled for development, in development, or a firm commitment to deliver is in place.
- Delivery of releases of the localization would include road-map linked features and other features (arising out of regulatory changes or customer priorities).
The percentage of roadmap changes is expected to be 70-80%
- Product positioning: Though not in the actual roadmap for the next 6 months, two other priorities would be
- Product initial evaluation for ICAI accredition.
- Feature comparision with Tally for all matured modules.(These would be inputs for the next half year/year's roadmap.)
- Functionality that can be utilized immediately: We would prefer to build functionality for which there is a known demand within the community. All the items already implemented as well as those in the road-map were based on end customer needs.
- National vs Local : Some functionality like Octroi and VAT is local while others are uniform across the country. Other things being equal, we would focus on functionality that has national reach.
Note : However we have been doing some VAT functionality based on Karnataka customer requirements. Most of this functionality would require some modification at least before it can be used by other states. And this also would become redundant once GST comes into play - so the states to focus for this depends on partner requirements. Initial focus is on Karnataka followed by Maharashtra.
List of Projects
|FUNCTIONAL MODULES||LICENSE TYPE||STATUS||DOCUMENTATION||LAST VERSION||RELEASE DATE|
|TDS Return Form 26Q|
Form 26Q is required to be submitted for TDS details on all payments other than salary on a quarterly basis by the deductor.
|TDS Return Form 24Q|
Form 24Q has to be filled up for declaration of TDS returns in detail.
|TDS Liability Report|
This report shows TDS deducted from all the purchase invoices, TDS against which has not been remitted to Income tax department
|Service Tax Liability Report|
This report gives summary of service tax output liability arising from sales invoice
|Service Tax Input Credit Report|
This report gives summary of service tax input credit arising from purchase invoices
|Contra Entry Module|
|Cash Flow Statement|
Note: "ILR16QX" stands for "India Localization Release based on Openbravo PR16QX"
This documentation has been created by Promantia. For additional information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.