Lot Number Sequence
A product attribute can be a Lot Number.
Some products require lot numbering to assure compliance with the tracking requirements imposed by the majority of industries which impliest that:
- a given quantity of a product has always to be linked to a unique lot number.
A Lot Number is a unique number given to a particular quantity of a product which can be defined to have a prefix or a sufix among other characteristics.
A Lot Number Sequence can be setup:
- by defining the first number or Starting Number that will be used as Lot Number
- by specifiying the value by which the Lot Number will be incremented by
- by defining which is the Next Assigned Number that will be used. Openbravo updates the next assigned number value as the Lot Numbers are assigned.
- by entering a Prefix such as Lot N?/ which easily helps to understand that the number in question is a lot number.
- by entering a Sufix such as /2011 which helps to provide additional information if needed.
Full list of Lot Number Sequence window fields and their descriptions is available in the Lot Number Sequence Screen Reference.