Create machine categories based on your desired characteristics.
A logical grouping of machines that can be used to categorize the different machines that are used during a production process.
Define machine categories to group machines with similar characteristics.
Define maintenance categories needed for a specified machine category.
Once the maintenance task(s) is set up, it can be added to the machine category. By selecting the Insert in Machines checkbox, the maintenance plans are populated for all the machines that are related to the machine category when the insert maintenances process is executed. When the checkbox is not selected, a single maintenance plan for the machine category is created.
By selecting the checkbox, the maintenance plans for the machines are created, but the maintenance information is not added to the maintenance tab of each machine. That tab is used to document any maintenance that is not related to the machine category, but only to that particular machine.
- Maintenance Type: to indicate the nature of the maintenance:
- planned time: to indicate how long it takes to execute the maintenance task.
Add interval timings to schedule and complete a specified maintenance.
- Periodicity Type:
- Bi-monthly: the Starting Day field appears to define when the first maintenance is scheduled
- Half-yearly: the Starting Day field appears to define when the first maintenance is scheduled
- Monthly: the Day of the Month field appears to define which day of the month the maintenance is scheduled
- Quarterly: the Starting Day field appears to define when the first maintenance is scheduled
- Weekly: the Weekday field appears to define which day of the week the maintenance is scheduled
Full list of Machine Category window fields and their descriptions is available in the Machine Category Screen Reference.