Contracts can be created in two different ways:
- From scratch, manually populating all required fields.
- Using contract templates, that will populate most of the fields of the new contract.
- Contract sequence: A sequence for contract searchkey fields can be defined in "Document Sequence" window. Follow this steps:
- Go to "Document sequence" window, and create a new item
- Name the new sequence as "Contract". This is mandatory to make it work.
- Define the rest of the elements in sequence number as usual
Once created the sequence, when creating a new contract the searchkey field will be automatically populated using this sequence.