The Initial Client setup process allows to create a Client and besides a "Client Admin" role with no access restrictions.
The initial client setup process is an automated process which can be run by logging in Openbravo as "System Administrator" role.
This process allows to:
- enter the name of the client and the client admin user name and a password
- enter the base currency of the client, that is going to be the currency of the Client regardless an Organization which belongs to it might have a different currency.
- include Accounting for the client.
There is a checkbox named "Include Accounting" which allows to select an accounting csv file in the field "Accounting File" or an accounting reference data within the section "Reference Data".
Openbravo distributes accounting csv file as modules which can be applied as reference data. This kind of modules are part of the Openbravo localization for a given country.
If the checkbox "Include Accounting" is selected and an accounting file or reference data is selected, Openbravo creates:
- The "General Ledger Configuration" and the "Chart of Accounts" created by default can be later on customized as explained in the Setup Accounting article of the Quick Guide.
- The "General Ledger Configuration" is linked to the "Account Tree" as the "Account" is a mandatory dimension of the general ledger configuration.
- It is possible to create a client without selecting the "Include Accounting" checkbox, in fact that is the recommended option. Accounting configuration will then rely on the organization type being created later on in the Client.
To learn more review the Initial Organization Setup article of the User Guide.
- finally it is possible to apply reference data such as:
- Standard document types for orders, invoices, etc, this one is selected by default as it is necessary for creating transactional data such as orders and invoices.
- Document types and default algorithm for bank statements auto-matching, this one is similar to the previous one but for specific financial flows such as Payment Outs, Payment In and Financial Accounts.
- or reference data such as master data or configuration data (i.e. tax setup) created for Openbravo extension modules.
Every new Client created in Openbravo centrally maintains at least the mandatory accounting dimensions listed below:
- Business Partner
- and Product
unless the "Central Maintenance" checkbox is unselected for the Client which would imply the configuration and management of all the accounting dimensions (mandatory and not mandatory) at organization level.