Inventory Accuracy workflow manage both the physical and the financial inventory.
Due to its complexity and different business areas involved it is convenient to split it into several main sub-processes:
- Initial Inventory on hand booking - this stages covers the activity to book the initial inventory on hand of an item/s. This information is required while starting inventory activities in Openbravo.
- Goods Movements - this stage covers goods transfers between storage bins or warehouses, due to internal warehouse movements and aldo as a consecuence of goods receipts and goods shipments.
- Stock Counting - this stage covers the activity to count the quantity on hand of an item in stock at a particular point in time.
- Inventory Valuation - this is the process which calculates the "cost" of the items in stock based on diferent valuation methods.
Inventory Accuracy business flow is primarily executed within Openbravo Warehouse Management application area.
The abstract "Inventory Accuracy" business process is defined by the following diagram:
(to be created)
Normally, "Warehouse" role is the one to have access to this business flow as well as "Finance" role:
- Warehouse role is in charge of managing warehouses and inventory movements.
- Finace role is in charge of calculating inventory cost.
Relationship with other Business Flows
"Warehouse Management" is fully integrated below listed business flows:
Procure to Pay
As the items receipts as a consequence of a procurement process, increases the quantity on hand of that item localize in a given warehouse and storage bin.
Order to Collect
due to the fact that the items shipped as a consequence of a sales process, decreases the quantity on hand of that item localize in a given warehouse and storage bin.
Because current stock levels are a key input while managing material and production requirements of the company.
To learn more visit application area.
Please follow Warehouse Management application area to understand how Inventory Accuracy business flow is executed in Openbravo.