The cost is calculated as as sump of the cost of each material transaction of the product in the warehouse. The cost of the product transactions is calculated by the Costing Server process.
Changes introduced since PR17Q1 Release
- Consolidated results at Organization Level (explained in Parameters Window)
- Huge performance improvements made by persisting data (explained below)
- Added option to export to PDF and Excel
- Organization (Introduced since PR17Q1 Release) : This field allows to select Organizations of type "Legal with Accounting" and "Generic"
- Warehouse : If the selected organization is "Generic", then lists all warehouses that belongs to it, else if the organization is "Legal with accounting" then no warehouse is displayed to be selected.
- Date : The report is going to show information up to the selected date
- Consolidated Warehouse (Introduced since PR17Q1 Release) : If checked the information of the stock will be consolidated at Organization Level, otherwise, the information will be broken down by Warehouse
- Product Category : Allows to show information of only the Product Category selected
- Currency : Defines currency in which all monetary values (like Cost, Valuation) of the report are shown. A conversion rate. Please note that Conversion Rate to the report Currency should be specified for the report to work.
- Product : Name of the Product
- Quantity : Stock of the Product on the selected date
- Unit : Unit in which the stock is measured
- Unit Cost : Cost of each particular unit. Is the result of dividing the Valuation between the Stock
- Valuation : Valuation of the Stock. It is based calculated by adding up all the valuations of each transaction that has happened in the Warehouse.
- Actual Average/Standard Algorithm Cost (Introduced since PR17Q1 Release) : Current Average/Standard Cost, the latest calculation of it's value
- Actual Average/Standard Algorithm Valuation (Introduced since PR17Q1 Release) : Valuation of the Stock based on the Actual Average/Standard Cost. Is the result of multiplying the Stock by the Actual Cost.
Persisted Information (Introduced since PR17Q1 Release)
This step is not needed to be followed in order to launch the Report. However, if there are performance problems, this can help to greatly improve the performance of the Report.
Before, this report calculated the Stock and it's valuation by adding up this information from the Warehouse Transactions. But, by doing so, this Report was not able to escalate.
Now, it is possible to aggregate information that allows for faster queries. This information is aggregated for each Closed Accounting Period, that means that accounting periods must be defined and, at least some of them, must be in a Closed or Permanently Closed Status. More information can be found in the Open Close Period Section.
The information will be persisted until the first not closed Period. By doing so, it is possible to avoid to loop through many records. However, no information will be aggregated after the first closed period and this can result in a non optimal performance of the report if it needs to retrieve plenty of information.
In Order to use this new functionality it is necessary to schedule the Background Process named Generate Aggregated Data Background. This can be done through the Process Request Window.
It is recommended to schedule it daily, at a moment when the System does not have plenty of activity. It will aggregate data only when a new Period is Closed or Permanently Closed.
By aggregating the information per each Closed Period, it is not possible to keep the date of each Transaction. So, when the Report is launched for a different Currency, all that information will be converted at the Period's Closing Date. This can result in minor discrepancies with the previous version due to conversions between currencies at different dates.